We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
To be committed to providing our customers with a world-class claims service by ensuring that their complaints are acknowledged quickly and, where appropriate, resolved in the shortest possible time.
The in-house engineering team deal with both insured and third-party motor claims, reviewing and authorising vehicle repairs checking consistency and confirming the damage areas with those reported on the claim. The in-house engineering team also deal with insured and third-party vehicle valuations when deemed beyond economical to repair.
The complaint handler would liaise with the customer, suppliers and independent assessors with regards to problems with the repairs and any surrounding issues that may arise that need to be investigated to confirm whether accident related.
Support is given to all aspects of the business by the team to assist in the claim process for both insured and third party to expedite settlement and minimise costs.
To ensure you adhere to the FCA Treating Customers Fairly 6 Consumer Outcomes.
What will I be doing?
• Liaise with customers that raise complaints regarding the vehicle repairs/ valuation and review any issues that they deem to be related by phone, email and letter.
• Review / highlight any areas of concern to the manager daily.
• Managing inbound and outbound phone calls with suppliers, garages and engineers to provide advice and information regarding claims and resolve queries.
• Update claims systems with changes to the claim.
• Ensuring that SLA’s and KPI’s are met and maintained consistently.
• To undertake any individual or team task or activity reasonably requested and in line with the company values.
• Support cost, service and process efficiency projects across the team, as well as having the opportunity to get involved in departmental projects.
• Treat our customers fairly and ensure that the customer receives world class customer service in accordance with industry and company guidelines
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
• Excellent administrative experience, ideally gained within the motor insurance industry
• Some Claims Knowledge
• Good spoken and written communication skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Calm but assertive telephone manner when dealing with suppliers
• Organised & industrious person
• Good spoken and written communication skills, and PC literate
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• PC literate with good administrative skills.
• Ability to work autonomously and to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
Education and Qualifications:
• Graduate preferred, but minimum 6 GCSEs including Maths & English at Grade C or above or demonstrable ability in numeracy skills & written English
What can we offer?
• Free parking
• Performance related bonus up to 10% of your salary
• 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays added to your leave entitlement
• Discounted shopping vouchers, days out, holidays etc. through our lifestyle scheme
• Emerging Talent development programme
• Free AA membership & Car Genie after 12 months
• Development framework offering ad-hoc pay reviews
• Continuous training to develop within the role building a satisfying and rewarding career
• Employee of the month/quarter rewards
• Pension scheme