We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
To be committed to providing our customers with a world-class claims service by ensuring that their complaints are acknowledged quickly and, where appropriate, resolved in the shortest possible time.
You will be responsible for all escalated complaints, liaising with all departments and suppliers whilst keeping our customer updated and maintaining expectations. You will need to collect evidence to make a decision about the justification of the customer’s complaints and take fair and appropriate action to resolve it. You will also be required to handle all FOS complaints and to prepare files so they are ready for FOS adjudication.
To ensure you adhere to the FCA Treating Customers Fairly 6 Consumer Outcomes
What will I be doing?
• Deal directly with escalated complainers on claims and policy by phone, email and letter
• Handle all FOS cases from start to finish
• Produce root-cause analysis and feed into the training/management team to fix issues at source
• Complete monthly customer service Audits on FNOL agents and feedback to their Managers.
• Attend weekly meetings to feedback RCA & QA outcomes
• Produce weekly and monthly management reports
• Produce FCA data for insurer submission, bi-annually
• Treat our customers fairly and ensure that the customer receives world class customer service in accordance with industry and company guidelines
• Support cost, service and process efficiency projects across the team, as well as participating in departmental projects
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
• Ideally minimum 6 months’ experience handling complaints for an insurer or motor claims handler
• Good spoken and written communication skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with our customers
• Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to customers, understanding that they could be distraught and concerned following a bad claims experience
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• PC literate with good administrative skills
• Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
Education and Qualifications:
• Graduate preferred, but minimum 6 GCSEs including Maths & English at Grade C or above or demonstrable ability in numeracy skills & written English
What can we offer?
• Free parking
• Performance related bonus up to 10% of your salary
• 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays added to your leave entitlement
• Discounted shopping vouchers, days out, holidays etc. through our lifestyle scheme
• Emerging Talent development programme
• Free AA membership & Car Genie after 12 months
• Development framework offering ad-hoc pay reviews
• Continuous training to develop you within your role building a satisfying and rewarding career
• Employee of the month/quarter rewards
• Pension scheme