Learning & Development Delivery Trainer
Job Title: L&D Trainer
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Location: Newcastle (flexible working available)
Contract: Full Time/Permanent
It is an exciting time to join the AA! With hybrid working now the norm, we are focusing on virtual and digital training and are now looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and passionate individual to support this exciting transformation our within our Learning & Development delivery team.
You will be experienced within the digital/virtual training arena with a continuous improvement mindset who can challenge the ways we do things to ultimately achieve best practice!
This is the job
As an L&D Delivery Trainer, you represent the voice of the AA to all new staff joining our team, and play an essential role in ensuring that our values, vision and voice come to life and are taken into all interactions with our customers. As well as onboarding new team members, you will also provide ongoing training to advisors across the team, supporting learners in their development and in embedding our exciting products, processes and technology.
You will work closely with our operational teams and subject matter experts to ensure that training material is up to date and correctly reflects operational goals. You will be passionate about our products and achieving the best outcomes for our customers, and translating information into effective, informative and engaging training sessions is an important part of the role. You will be equally comfortable running training virtually and face to face if required.
What will I be doing?
Our L&D Delivery Trainers inspire our team members with their energy, motivation and excellent knowledge and are responsible for facilitating learning & development activity across our national Customer Operations team.
- Deliver engaging and effective learning interventions to our remote and on-site teams - including classroom instruction, virtual training and on-the-job coaching.
- Utilise a wide range of learning methods and technology to ensure effective learning takes place
- Work closely with operations and learning design teams to ensure content is accurate, meaningful and relevant.
- Develop own skills and support the wider team with best practice virtual facilitation techniques
- Working closely with the business to evaluate impact on learning interventions and make recommendations to drive continuous improvements
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience as a L&D trainer in a fast paced environment
- Experience of delivering technical & soft skills learning solutions
- Experience of delivering virtual learning solutions using a variety of technology and tools
- Ability to quickly to identify trainees’ preferred learning style and adapt training methods and approach to ensure that all learning speeds and styles are catered for
- Skills and experience using virtual delivery platforms and technology to enable you to deliver engaging training material that is learner-focused and interactive
- Experience in meeting the needs of internal customers with an emphasis on quality training
- Ability to develop a diverse group of employees with varying levels of experience and knowledge
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to challenge, influence and consult accordingly to achieve
- Proven ability to work independently, under tight deadlines and make effective recommendations
- Strong facilitation skills. You know how to own and control a room, including in a virtual environment.
- You take pride and pleasure in teaching someone something new
- Have a passion for helping others and an ability to engage and communicate with people on different levels
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast paced, change orientated environment
- Solutions orientated mind-set and a strong customer service philosophy
- Creative innovator, who is committed to continuous learning
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We hope to hear from you soon.