Senior Reserving Analyst
The AA started writing business in 2016, and currently has a £200m GWP book of Motor and Home insurance business. As the senior reserving analysis for the growing insurer, you will be part of the current journey to bring the reserving function in-house. In addition to reserving you will be able to get involved in various aspect of the business including solvency, reinsurance, claims and underwriting/pricing.
This is the job
- Support the on-going work bringing reserving processes in-house, including preparation for IFRS 17
- Perform quarterly reserving for motor and household reserves, including Solvency II Technical Provisions and Standard Formula modelling
- Work closely with the pricing team, to ensure reserving outcomes are fed into pricing.
- Work closely with the claims team to understand any changes in claims handling processes and their effects on the reserves.
- Help to develop the use of visualisation tools and machine learning within the reserving process.
- Deliver analysis and MI on a timely basis to meet deadlines and ensure usability.
What will I be doing?
Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
Ideally you will:
- Have good knowledge of personal lines reserving.
- Be proficient at Python/ R/ SAS / SQL (or other programming language), and Excel
- Have a minimum of 2 years insurance experience, preferably in reserving personal lines products.
- Be undertaking actuarial exams
Education and Qualifications:
- A graduate with strong mathematical skills (2.1 classification or higher)
- A good team player.
- Commercially minded.
- Action-oriented and not afraid of trying new ideas.
- Careful attention to detail.
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.