Shifts/Hours:Monday - Friday between 07:00am and 20:00pm. Occasional weekend work is also required
Full Time Permanent position
This advert will close on Friday 29th October 2021
This is the job
The purpose of this role is to provide expert technical advice, assistance and information to AA patrols and members and deployment staff via the telephone.
What will I be doing?
- Provide technical advice to Service Advisors and AA members in live breakdown situations to prevent the unnecessary deployment of patrols.
- Provide professional technical advice AA members relating to non-breakdown related situations.
- Allocate appropriate resource to roadside breakdowns
- Provide front line support for patrol mobile technology devices
- Process all calls professionally and efficiently to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Record all enquiries on the appropriate database to assist with the provision of detailed management information.
Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Health and safety requirements
Conduct yourself, and carry out work, to ensure compliance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
All employees must strive to manage conduct risk in order that the AA can continue to deliver good outcomes for our customers.
For guidance on managing conduct risk, please refer to the AA's Conduct Risk Policy, found in the policy library on the internet.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 year’s motor vehicle repair experience working on a range of different vehicles
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in layman’s terms
- Vehicle diagnostics experience and repair knowledge
- Knowledge of vehicle recovery systems and methods
- Able to demonstrate a high level of customer care
- Knowledge of telematics systems and B call
- Experience of working in a call centre is desirable
Education and Qualifications:
- NVQ level 3 in motor vehicle maintenance and repair or another nationally recognised level 3 technical certificate.
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills