Third Party Claims Handler
Job Title: Third Party Claims Handler - Insurance
Location: Flexible, Head office in Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Salary: Up to £20,000 dep on exp + performance related bonus + excellent benefits
Hours/shifts: 37.5 hours per week, shift pattern between the hours of 08:00 -18:00 Monday - Friday on rotational basis
We’re part of The AA group, the nation’s number one motoring organisation. AA Insurance supports millions of customers with our products and services and is an essential part of our vision to make life easier for Britain’s drivers.
The Insurance Claims team in Tunbridge Wells is one of the fastest growing areas in our business with excellent career progression opportunities!
This is the job
As a Third Party Claims Handler, you will responsible for a portfolio of motor claims where we are responsible for the third party insurer claim costs. Using the tools at your disposal, you will be reviewing payment packs presented by the third party insurers, finding any anomaly’s and disputing any costs which we are not legally responsible to pay, with no avoidable litigation against us. Whilst doing this, you will be expected to manage our customers expectations and will have the overall responsibility of the financial upkeep of your portfolio.
What do I need?
We know our customers may have been through a stressful or difficult experience when they are calling to discuss a claim they have made. As a confident communicator, you’ll be a friendly voice on the end of the phone, building connections and putting them at ease as you support and advise them.
You’ll be comfortable handling challenging conversations professionally, with the customers’ best interests at heart. You’ll have an eye for detail too, assisting you to accurately complete your claim reviews.
We’ll teach you everything you will need to know through our Claims Academy once you’ve started but we are ideally looking for someone with:
- Experience working in a motor claims role.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with the customer
- Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to our customer understanding that our customer could be distraught and concerned following an incident.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- PC literate with good administrative skills.
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
- Self- motivated
- Can think clearly and calmly under pressure
Why should you work for us?
We are dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of The AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits as well as learning and development opportunities, including:
- Discretionary annual performance related bonus
- 25 days holidays a year + bank holidays
- A lifestyle scheme that gives you access to discounted shopping vouchers, cinema vouchers, gym membership, days out, holidays and more
- Staff Pension
- Our internal development programme for Emerging Talent
- A 50% discount on your AA membership, which becomes completely free after 12 months
- Discounts on wider AA products and services (Car insurance, home insurance etc…)
- Free onsite parking at our office
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social Committee
- Extra Mile – our Reward and Recognition scheme
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age