AA Repair Center Technician (Norwich)
Road Operations, Road, Vehicle assessment technician
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join The AA as we embark on a journey into building our own network of garages. This will allow us to ensure the best journey to our customers by providing them with The AA expertise its built its reputation on, from start to finish!
We are looking for Repair Centre Technicians to help us realise this exciting new opportunity. The role is to provide quality, professional and effective repairs of vehicles. You will be working in a modern workshop with all facilities on site. Specialist tools and ongoing training provided including Hybrid L3.
What will I be doing?
- Undertake all aspects of servicing & repair including diagnostics, clutch swaps, gearbox replacements turbo replacement, minor engine repairs
- Providing vehicle mechanical reports to business customers/organisations
- Greeting the customer and talking through the requirements of the repair service
- Creating videos for feedback and authority from customers
- Ordering parts and liaising with parts suppliers
- You will be the face of the AA at the AA Repair Centre
- Promoting the company and its services by projecting an efficient and professional image at all times
- Ensuring the optimum use of time and costs when undertaking diagnostic work
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge in the field of automotive systems
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Workshop experience gained from either an independent or franchised automotive
Education and Qualifications:
- Motor vehicle qualifications – Minimum of Level 2 City and Guilds or Level 2 NVQ in Mechanics or equivalent experience, and or MOT Tester with Service and Repair experience
- Driving license - 6 points or less (no company vehicle provided)
Benefits of Working for The AA
- Free AA cover after 12 months (50% discount before then)
- Staff discounts on most AA products
- Employee Discount Scheme on things such a shopping, holidays and tickets
- Employee Well-being Scheme
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.