Recovery Claims Handler - Motor Insurance
Head Office, Longacre Claims
Role: Recovery Claims Handler - Motor Insurance
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Salary : £18k - £20k, depending on experience plus up to 10% annual performance related bonus
Contract: Full time, 37.5 hrs per week
This is the job
As a Recovery Handler for our Motor Insurance claims team you will be committed to provide our customers with a world-class claims service by ensuring that their claims are assessed quickly, and if valid are settled in the shortest possible time.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of non-fault claims, and ensuring a full recovery of our costs whilst keeping our customer updated and maintaining expectations. You will need to collect evidence to support our liability decision and compose outlay documents so we can pursue a recovery of our losses. You will also be required to prepare files so they are ready for legal proceedings to be issued by our appointed solicitor.
What will I be doing?
- Keeping the customer updated on claims progress ensuring a good customer journey is maintained.
- Recording accurately your investigations into liability and tracing the negligent party’s insurers to recover our subrogated losses.
- Assessing liability for an accident and offer advice and guidance to our customers giving an objective opinion on prospects and where necessary advise our customer regarding where liability will rest.
- Knowing when to issue proceedings, or to negotiate liability with the third party insurers, only issuing proceedings if it will bring the claim to a favourable speedy conclusion.
- Validating cover is in force for a claim and identifying possible fraudulent claim markers to be referred for investigation.
- Instructing suppliers such as repairers, solicitors and car hire companies.
- Managing a portfolio of non-fault claims, ensuring that SLAs are met and the AD aspect of a claim is concluded quickly and all costs recovered.
- Treating our customers fairly and ensure that the customer receives world class customer service in accordance with industry and company guidelines.
- Supporting cost, service and process efficiency projects across the team, as well as having the opportunity to get involved in departmental projects.
What do I need?
- Ideally minimum 6 months’ experience working in the FNOL team for an insurer or motor claims handler;
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with our customer.
- Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to our customer understanding that our customer could be distraught and concerned following an incident.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- PC literate with good administrative skills.
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
Education and Qualifications:
- Ideally a minimum of 6 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C or above or demonstrable ability in numeracy skills and written English
- Ideally qualified to a graduate level
What can we offer?
- Free parking
- Performance related bonus up to 10% of your salary
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays added to your leave entitlement
- Through our lifestyle scheme you’ll have access to discounted shopping vouchers, days out, holidays etc.
- Emerging Talent development programme
- Free AA membership & Car Genie after 12 months
- Development framework offering ad-hoc pay reviews
- Continuous training to develop you within your role building a satisfying and rewarding career
- Employee of the month/quarter rewards
- The AA will train you in the road traffic act and motor insurance claims practices which will build your skill set and continuously develop you within your role.
- Pension scheme
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.