Junior / Graduate Finance Specialist
Head Office, Finance & Procurement
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
This is the job
This role will work within the B2B team and supporting the Head of Finance to ensure accurate and timely forecasts/budgets, to manage costs to ensure the budget is controlled and spent effectively and to assist with customer account pricing decisions.
What will I be doing?
- Supporting financial reporting team with month end (cost accruals, prepayments, income postings to ensure accurate month end reporting – BAU plus continuous development to improve speed, accuracy and insight).
- Support analysis and understanding of monthly performance through variance analysis against the forecast/budget.
- Creation of month end cost reporting to develop Senior Managements’ understanding of the profitability of the business.
- Assist with analysis of customer account profitability to ensure future pricing decisions utilise all available performance data.
- Adhere to Corporate Governance guidelines, ensuring all spend is signed off by appropriate levels and purchase orders are raised prior to receiving an invoice.
- Support in the identification of opportunities or risks to planned financial out-turns
- Partnering the commercial teams in controlling and analysing relevant costs to ensure the budget is spent effectively.
- Support the financial reporting team to ensure accuracy of the balance sheet and assist with cash flow forecasting/management
- Liaison with Central Finance team supporting month end & audit queries
- Working closely with the commercial teams to forecast and budget costs and income.
- Ad hoc projects and involvement to support the wider Finance team.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Financially numerate with an educational background.
- Experience and background in an accounting/finance role would be of benefit.
- Commercially minded.
- Enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a team environment
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work independently
- The successful candidate would build knowledge and experience in understanding the drivers of AA Products performance whilst grounding knowledge of core controllership in accounting
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate level education
- Would suit an ambitious individual wanting to start studying towards CIMA or an equivalent accounting qualification
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to prioritise manage and deliver under tight or conflicting deadlines
- An innate curiosity & desire to understand and challenge
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.
Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Health and safety requirements
Conduct yourself, and carry out work, to ensure compliance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
All employees must strive to manage conduct risk in order that the AA can continue to deliver good outcomes for our customers.
For guidance on managing conduct risk, please refer to the AA's Conduct Risk Policy, found in the policy library on the internet.