AA Vehicle Mechanic
Road Operations, Road
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: £27,865.80 + performance related bonus monthly
Full time, fixed term contract for 6 months
This is the job
A number of exciting opportunities have arisen to join a leading motoring organization as a Vehicle Mechanic. As the Vehicle Mechanic you will provide quality, professional and effective repairs of vehicles. You will be working in state of the art workshops with all facilities on site.
What will I be doing?
- Undertaking all aspects of servicing & repair including diagnostics, turbo replacement, Clutches and minor engine repairs.
- Providing vehicle mechanical reports to business customers/organizations
- Promoting the company and its services by projecting an efficient and professional image at all times
- Ensuring the optimum use of time and costs when undertaking diagnostic work
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge in the field of automotive systems
- Ensuring Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Workshop experience gained from either an independent or franchised automotive
Education and Qualifications:
- Motor vehicle qualifications - Level 2 City and Guilds or Level 2 NVQ in Mechanics or equivalent experience
- Driving license - 6 points or less (no company vehicle provided)
- Willingness to progress
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.