Company Car Manager
Road Operations, Back Office
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
The company car manager will be responsible for the effective provision of the group company car fleet and to fulfil the policies as specified and agreed with HR.
The job holder will also be responsible for negotiating manufacturer discounts, forming a robust working relationship and provide communication between the car supplier, HR and payroll. The job holder will be the day to day contact for driver queries and policy confirmation
What will I be doing?
- Manage the car leasing contract to ensure the supplier is working within the service level and contract guidelines.
- Manage the car ordering process to ensure its set against correct criteria and to continually improve and develop the order process in line with system enhancements and technology.
- Manage a group reallocation fleet of vehicles to optimise usage and minimise costs.
- Manage the costs of the lease charges, replacements and disposals to ensure they are in line with business budget, based on whole life cost model.
- Continually research the market / industry to ensure that our operating model still meets “best practise”.
- Form a robust working relationship with all manufacturers to negotiate discount support, assist with road show events, demonstrator vehicle requests and warranty issues.
- Assist procurement with the analysis and negotiations of Car related tenders and contracts.
- Develop working documents i.e. company car handbook, policy and other information sources that provides informative and helpful information to company car users.
- Assist payroll in the management of taxation and payroll requirements relating to company cars.
- Manage the company car fuel card process, provide exceptional reporting to highlight fuel mis-use and premium fuel usage.
- Support the Fleet Manager in the day to day operation of the AA Group Fleet.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Fleet Management experience – preferably Institute of Car Fleet Management or similar
- Industry knowledge of car driver duty of care responsibility
- Sound understanding of AA Business preferable
- Financial appreciation
- Understanding of leasing / operating models
- Strong communicator
- Customer Focused
Education and Qualifications:
- Leasing background
- Experience in Fleet Industry
- Financial experience
- Qualified Institute of Car Fleet Management preferable
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and judgemental skills
- Ability to present at various levels throughout the organisation.
- Customer and Commercially focused
- Ability to manage internal and external customers
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.