Commercial Analyst Acquisition and Trade Up
Road Operations, Road
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: up to £48,000
Full time, permanent,
This is the job
As the Commercial Analyst you will support the Head of Acquisition & Trade-up, in identifying opportunities to drive improved commercial performance in the inbound sales contact centre, and in the in-life contact centre. You will be responsible for improving sales conversion performance and increasing transaction value in the inbound sales contact centre, and for improving both marketing driven and opportunistic trade up performance in-life.
What will I be doing?
- Delivering analysis of sales contact centre performance to drive business decision making and improved commercial performance:
- Identifying opportunities to improve new business call conversion (discounts / offers / call structure / agent performance / marketing activity)
- Identifying opportunities to improve sales mix (product & cover type mix / discounting / offers)
- Delivering analysis of in-life contact centre performance, specifically identifying opportunities to improve opportunistic conversion following other MTA transactions, and conversion of trade-up marketing driven interactions
- Delivering analysis of trade-up & new business marketing campaign performance, specifically looking to understand the impact of different marketing channels & campaigns on contact centre performance metrics (specifically conversion, and sales mix)
- Forecasting key business performance metrics for both new business and trade-up, measure performance and explain deviations via weekly trading and monthly reporting cycles
- Providing actionable insight and work with sales channel owners to implement & embed strategies and processes to optimise new business performance
- Setting up tests and trials with the channel owners, and report back on performance of those strategy and process improvements
- Working with Insight team to assess sales channel effectiveness against customer lifetime value
- Working with the Data & MI team where opportunities are identified to improve the quality of data or commercial reporting
- Deploying the most appropriate data analysis techniques and tool sets to deliver actionable insight in most efficient manner
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong analytical skillet with proven skills in Microsoft Excel & SQL
- Strong problem-solving & data interpretation skills – taking a hypothesis lead approach
- Evidence of making data-driven recommendations which delivered improved commercial performance
- Experience of analysing marketing and/or sales channel performance in a consumer services business
- Experience of working with operational teams to deliver sustained performance improvements
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree educated – 2.1 or above in one of the following subjects (Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Economics)
- Driven and enthusiastic – always looking to exceed commercial performance targets
- Develops strong cross-functional relationships, enabling change delivery in a collaborative manner
- Highly numerate, but with the verbal communication skills to explain numerical concepts simply
- High degree of initiative, a self-starter who has the confidence to work with limited direction
- Highly organised with strong time management skills