Road Operations, Back Office
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: up to £60,000 (depending on experience)
Full time permanent.
This is the job
Development of analyses that will guide the AA teams in providing increasingly more relevant propositions, service and offers to their customers, as well as improving strategies and operational processes across the AA to increase effectiveness. You will focus on providing a holistic set of customer analytics and modelling solutions in order to make significant and measurable, financial and strategic impacts for Road functions, and to help the AA to really put customers in the centre of decision making.
More specifically, the purpose of this role will cover:
- Developing appropriate methodology using statistical principles for data collection, analyse and interpret information to formulate recommendations to assist business decisions.
- Working on complex machine learning problems, devising approach and developing solutions.
- Presenting solutions and clearly articulating technical aspects to a non-technical audience.
- Acting as a Subject matter expert in statistical analysis.
- Implementing statistical (Supervised/unsupervised) algorithms to maximize Customer value.
- Developing and managing end to end modelling projects using theoretical principles and statistical techniques for the consumer roadside business like establishing probability values, determining risk of churn, improving operational efficiency.
- Incorporating findings from campaign targeting and monitoring results with the goal being to optimize the marketing spend.
- Developing, managing and motivating 1 to 3 analysts.
What will I be doing?
- Conducting deep dive analysis to develop an understanding of AA products and cross sell opportunities within the business.
- Developing and implementing a cross sell framework using machine learning techniques.
- Maintaining and continually developing the developed framework.
- Supporting the CRM team in developing a process for measuring and monitoring effectiveness of marketing activities in a statistically significant way.
- Conducting analysis to deliver business insights which will improve Road Acquisition activities, as well as positively influence decision making and operational processes.
- Developing insight and analytical projects in the area of segmentation, forecasting, price optimisation, what-if simulations.
- Discovering hidden trends and patterns in available data, enabling opportunities and reliably evaluating risks to the business.
- Creating and presenting bespoke analysis, drawing clear and actionable conclusions.
- Pro-actively suggesting and presenting new analyses and sources of insight based on sharing of best practice within the team and learning from external sources.
- Developing required analysis, reporting and evaluation needed to identify opportunities and track performance of the company.
- Defining the appropriate analytical approach to multiple different business challenges including segmentation, churn, digital analysis, spend profiles, RFM models, risk models etc. Essentially recommending the right approach to fit the business problem.
- Contributing to the creation of the roadmap for key data requirements and data quality issues in the Customer analytics team.
- Promoting analytics within the organisations by clearly articulating the achievements to technical and non-technical audience.
- Innovating to introduce new analytics techniques, data sources, data visualisation and new areas of their implementation, in order to continuously increase the value that Commercial Analytics team adds to the business.
- Ensuring that delivered insight and analytical projects can shape future commercial strategies and help business in identifying future / emerging trends.
- Evaluating key company marketing activities in terms of customer impact and commercial value (including incremental, margin and ROI analysis).
- Managing and developing direct reports (1-3 people).
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years Customer Analytics experience developing predictive models.
- Proven Team management experience required.
- Proven experience in developing statistical models e.g. regression, GLM, Neural Networks, Decision Trees, Bayesian Algorithms, Affinity Analysis.
- Proven experience in developing models in SAS Base, Python or R.
- Understanding of the ATL and BTL marketing campaigns and developing econometric ROI for various channels.
- Proven experience in developing Machine learning algorithms to maximize Customer experience and Lifetime value.
- Proven experience in developing campaign evaluation framework for various outbound campaigns.
- Articulate and persuasive, able to inspire and engage others around their vision.
- Thinks beyond the realms of current approaches and has the tenacity to challenge the status quo, whilst maintaining alignment to the overall business strategy.
- Good initiative and follow-through skills – gets things done on time and on budget. Able to juggle competing agendas, prioritise work and manage quality delivery through others.
- Proven track record in the delivery of actionable customer intelligence.
- Degree educated in Maths, Stats, Computer Science or similar and Post graduate degree in Business Administration.
- Highly Numerate, strong data Interpretation and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.