Master Data Management (MDM) Architect
Head Office, Digital
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
As the Master Data Management (MDM) Architect for the AA, you will take responsibility for defining and maintaining the Data Architecture that supports MDM domain across the AA organisation e.g. Insurance, Roadside, Digital etc. You will ensure you act as the Data & MI team representative of MDM architecture, translating business strategy and delivery requirements into Architecture designs. Key to success in this role will be understanding & prioritising objectives across the organisation, supporting Data Solution Designers, application/solution architects and working closely with the Data & MI governance and development teams to deliver using an agile delivery methodology.
What will I be doing?
- Work with key business and IT stakeholders to create and then own the Master Data Management architecture and contribute to the overall data architecture roadmap that aligns to the enterprise data strategy
- Act as the Data & MI data architecture representative for the domain to ensure there is clear ownership and communication regarding architecture decisions to the stakeholders, design and approval forums and the Data & MI leadership team
- Work with stakeholders, PM’s and BA’s to understand Master Data Management requirements (functional and non-functional), benefits, estimates and costs.
- Produce MDM architecture designs in the form of High-level solution designs and blueprints, highlighting business processes, match & merge rules, data quality, cleanse and standardisation procedures, MDM patterns & principles, risks & assumptions and stewardship processes & engagement.
- Define and Manage the data model that supports Master Data within the AA including understanding what and where data is mastered.
- Define and Manage any non-functional requirements regarding infrastructure specific to MDM, sizing of databases, storage, processing, network, licencing, security and working with IT Operations colleagues to implement changes.
- Define and implement Master Data Management best practices and ensure compliance through oversight and design and development reviews.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent understanding of the management of customer and product master data
- Knowledge of different MDM patterns and data management principles
- Knowledge of data matching and merging methods and techniques
- Knowledge of data quality, cleanse and standardisation methods and techniques
- Experience of various data integration patterns (incl. batch, publish and subscribe, messaging, APIs etc.)
- Ability to understand business processes, use cases and identify exceptions
- Knowledge of MDM technology / tools (preferably Informatica MDM)
- Knowledge of data warehousing design methodologies preferred
- Knowledge of database design and data modelling (3NF, Dimensional, De-normalised/Analytical, Conceptual, Logical and Physical)
- Experience with CRMs and ERPs (preferably Pega CS and SAP)
- Experience with Marketing applications (preferably Pega Marketing, Aprimo and BlueVenn)
- Experience with cloud technologies and migrations (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience of the development lifecycle and exposure to both agile and waterfall delivery methodologies
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified, ideally in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Information Systems, or any other related field. Preferably a Master’s Degree in one of the above.
- Reflects and exhibits the AA Brand Values – Courtesy, Care, Expertise, Dynamism and Collaboration
- Approachable and open with people at all levels.
- Excited by new and emerging technologies and methodologies.
- Solutions driven with a commercial focus.
- Confident and evangelical about the benefits of using data to drive an organisation.
- Capable of conveying complex technical messages with clarity and precision to non-technical department personnel.
- Highly collaborative and able to interact with stakeholders, departmental heads and leadership, as well as other executives.
- A consistent and positive people management style with excellent people skills.
- Takes leadership and accountability seriously and can work across teams at all levels of the organisation