JLR Dedicated Technician - London
Be Better – Be a part of not one, but two iconic brands!
As our Jaguar Land Rover Dedicated Mechanic for The AA you’ll provide a prestige service to your customers. The vehicles you will be working with use some of the most advanced technology in the world and we want you to be a part of that. Your ability to carefully manage customer expectations whilst you work is as important as repairing vehicles right first time. You will be taking ownership of the appointment with your customer, working on the respected Jaguar Land Rover brand. You are accountable for delighting the customer and seeing the task through to completion.
In return, your development is important to us, with both AA and Jaguar Land Rover specific training, support and opportunities for development you will have everything you need to achieve your goals.
This is the job
Salary: £42,000 OTE
£34,510 - £38,528 location dependant.
On average our JLR Technicians earn c. £42,000 however, our top performers can earn upwards of OTE £48,000.
Hours of work: 40 hours a week, currently covering the hours of 7am to 9pm, across a shift pattern with an average shift length of 9.5hours.
- Start and finish on your driveway, (paid from the moment you get in your van to the moment you get home). * Sign on locations also available for discussion
- Each year, choose your standby hours preferences to suit your lifestyle and work life balance
- Bring your best self and we provide the rest, including; Van, full Jaguar Land Rover branded Uniform, Boots, and Jaguar Land Rover specific equipment!
- Free breakdown cover from day one
- 23 days holidays (increases with service)
- Up to 7% company pension contribution
- Not one but two famous brands that our customers love with industry leading training
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Programme and a 24/7 remote GP service for you and your family
What will I be doing?
- A communicator: You are our master of diagnostics and you will be the person using your knowledge and training to see through the fix from start to finish. Delighting your customer is key and you will ensure your customer is completely taken care of, providing a best-in-class service.
- A self-starter: You will be content working independently; you manage the situation. You will be there for your customer from beginning to end, even booking your own parts and re-attending where necessary
- A fixer/problem solver: You will revel in utilising your technical expertise to solve a variety of issues. Whether that’s fixing a warranty related issue or a roadside breakdown, you are the solution bringer and enable your customer to get on with their day
What do I need?
- NVQ3 in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair, or equivalent qualifications with appropriate experience
- It’s essential that you have a full category B driving licence, with no more than 6 points
- To be happy working shifts, which could include evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
As a valued team member, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we will help you build the career you’re looking for.
Here at the AA we understand diversity and value the difference this brings to our culture and our customers. We actively seek people from diverse backgrounds to join us and become part of an inclusive company where you can be yourself, are empowered to be your best and feel like you truly belong.
You can apply today by clicking on the link below and filling out a short application form. Your application will then be reviewed before we arrange an online interview assessment. As part of the onboarding process, we complete several pre-employment checks including work reference, credit and criminal record checks.
Ready for anything? Apply Today