Roadside Rescue Mechanic - Harrow
London North West
Push for better, join the AA.
As our Roadside Rescue Mechanic, you’ll go the extra mile for our members. Anything can happen whilst driving, but we are the AA and we get everyone back on the road safely so the show can go on. In return, we’ll go the extra mile for you, with training, support and opportunities for development.
Take a look at all things The AA at our You Tube channel: The AA - YouTube
Basic Salary up to £54,078!*
To be eligible for a basic salary of £54,078 a minimum of 50 hours per week must be worked.
- Start and finish on your driveway, (paid from the moment you get in your van to the moment you get home). * Sign on locations also available for discussion
- Each year, choose your standby hours preferences to suit your lifestyle and work life balance
- Bring your best self and we provide the rest, including; Van, full Uniform, Boots, and the best available equipment!
- Free breakdown cover from day one
- 23 days holidays (increases with service) plus bank holidays
- Up to 7% company pension contribution
- A famous brand that our customers love with industry leading training
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Programme and a 24/7 remote GP service for you and your family
This is the job
More importantly you’ll be the friendly face of the UK’s largest motoring organisation. To our members, you’re the superhero. Ready for anything, you’ll be there for them, anytime, anywhere and in any weather. You’ll get their day moving again, forging confidence for drivers now and for the future.
What will I be doing?
- A communicator: You are our master of diagnostics and fundamental in delighting your customers! You're comfortable sharing your knowledge and information in a way that your customers understand the situation and feel safe that their needs will be taken care of
- A self-starter: You will be content working independently, as well as collaborating as part of a team, driving to different locations in all weathers
- A fixer/problem solver: You will revel in utilising your technical expertise to solve a variety of issues. Whether that’s fixing the vehicle by the roadside or recovering the vehicle to a garage, you are the solution bringer and enable your customer to get on with their day
What do I need?
- NVQ3 in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair, or equivalent qualifications with appropriate experience
- It’s essential that you have a full category B driving licence, with 6 points or less
- To be happy working shifts, which could include evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
For more information on our full benefits package, including discounted home and motor insurance, take a look at our website, Taking care of you - AA Careers (theaacareers.co.uk)
As a valued team member, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we will help you build the career you’re looking for.
Here at the AA we understand diversity and value the difference this brings to our culture and our customers. We actively seek people from diverse backgrounds to join us and become part of an inclusive company where you can be yourself, are empowered to be your best and feel like you truly belong.
You can apply today with or without a CV (if you wish to apply without a CV then please list your most recent experience along with your qualifications on the application form) by clicking on the link below and filling out a short application form. Your application will then be reviewed before we arrange an online interview assessment. As part of the onboarding process, we complete several pre-employment checks including work reference, credit and criminal record checks.
Ready for anything? Apply Today