Senior Pricing Analyst
Job Title: Senior Pricing Analyst
Location: Flexible working with 2 days in our Basingstoke office
Salary: Up to £55,000 depending on experience
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Closing Date: 8th August 2022
Solution bringers. Day makers. Extra milers. We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our members wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers. As a Senior Pricing Analyst, you’ll always go the extra mile for our members. In return, we’ll go the extra mile for you, with excellent training, support and development opportunities.
This is the job
We’re looking for a Senior Pricing Analyst to join our Insurance Pricing team. The UK personal lines insurance market is highly price competitive which puts the AA Pricing team front and centre at the AA. We work to set prices that equip the AA to compete, to be profitable, and do the right thing for our customers. This is an exciting time to join the team, you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in a transformation of the insurance system and shaping the development of new insurance products.
What will I be doing?
- Designing, implementing and maintaining pricing systems and strategies that increase value by optimising acquisition and retention of AA Insurance.
- Building and maintaining robust pricing models and price test strategies to support high quality pricing analysis in line with market best practice and ensuring high quality MI to monitor results.
- Performing competitor analysis, allowing for past market trends and modelling future scenarios.
- Maintaining, and improving where appropriate, the use of robust controls in the creation, maintenance and release of pricing models, systems and analysis.
- Providing analysis to support business cases and financial modelling.
- Ensuring high quality of analysis, with efficient data extraction and cleansing, and timely reporting.
What do I need?
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Technical proficiency and demonstrable successful experience with Willis Towers Watson’s Radar Optimiser and Radar Live software
- Extensive analytical experience with tools such as SAS
- A well-developed understanding of multivariate analytical techniques applied to personal lines insurance business
- Knowledge of the personal lines market – brokers, insurers and distributors
- Exposure to front line trading activity or teams
- Experience in swift delivery of tactical pricing changes to exploit market opportunities within the context of longer-term strategic goals
- Education to degree level, ideally in a subject with high mathematical, statistical or actuarial content
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. As a valued member of The AA team, you’ll have access to a range of benefits including:
- Diverse learning and development opportunities to support you to progress in your career
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Free AA breakdown membership after 12 months, 50% discount in your first year
- Discounts on AA products including car and home insurance
- Employee discount scheme that gives you access to a car salary sacrifice scheme plus great discounts on healthcare, shopping, holidays and more
- Worksave pension scheme with up to 7% employer contribution
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Programme
Plus, so much more!
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from everyone. The AA values diversity and the difference this brings to our culture and our customers. We actively seek people from diverse backgrounds to join us and become part of an inclusive company where you can be yourself, be empowered to be your best and feel like you truly belong. We have five communities to bring together people with shared characteristics and backgrounds and drive positive change.