Location: Remote + 1 day a week in our Cardiff office
Salary: Up to £54,000 DOE + Benefits
Contract: Full Time/Permanent
This is the job
What will I be doing?
- Develop high quality, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- Own delivery of features end to end, analysis and design
- Take ownership of system stability over the different environments
- Investigate new tools/technologies/ideas to promote further improvement of the system
- Promote and enforce best practices, existing development guidelines and continuous code improvement
- Work closely with the product and business teams to ensure developments exceed our customer’s expectations
We're looking for someone to fit into our hardworking semi-remote team. In return, we offer plenty of flexibility with a great culture and team blend. You will collaborate closely with pair-programming and extensive peer reviews alongside our various social events.
As a core member of our team, you will be required to hit the ground running and have a passion for building well-tested client and server-side applications using React, NodeJS, GraphQL & React-Native. You should have a strong interest in working with the latest technologies and strive to continuously learn and develop both technically and interpersonally.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Apollo Server (NodeJS)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest / Cypress or similar
- Experience with React, although other modern client-side JS frameworks such as Vue & Angular considered
- Exposure to AWS serverless frameworks such as CloudFormation, Lambda, SQS or similar
- Exposure to mobile app development using frameworks such as React Native
- Interest in learning and collaborating on the latest tools, frameworks and languages with the ability to master new technologies and tools
- Willingness to work outside of area of expertise
Any experience in the following will be advantageous
- Devops with AWS
- GitIT / Github
- Mobile app development, particularly with React Native
- Knowledge of automated testing (Cypress, Selenium, protractor, SoapUI, etc)
- Nest.js & TypeORM
- Personal Characteristics:
- Passionate in building cutting-edge, high quality applications
- Quick learner, Creative thinker, Researcher, Deliver
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We hope to hear from you soon.