HR Business Partner
The AA is truly a great British brand. Established in 1905 by 4 driving enthusiasts, it remains one of the most well-known and trusted brands in the UK. Through our market leading and award-winning breakdown service to our high growth general insurance business, we look after more than 14m B2C and B2B customers each year. In recent years we have expanded the range of products and services we provide through a range of smaller, fast growing entrepreneurial businesses and acquisitions including AA and BSM Driving Schools, AA Cars, AA Financial Services, AA Drive Tech and our SMR (service, maintenance and repair) business, Prestige, which provides national garage coverage and our Smart Care proposition to consumers.
With significant positive change, this is an exciting time to join the AA! We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to be a key facilitator of transition and change, working closely with business areas to implement people solutions that deliver overall improvements for the business, helping us to reach key business objectives.
Location: Basingstoke/Remote (flexible working available with the need for ad hoc travel to key business sites as required)
Contract: Full Time/Permanent
This is the job
This is a generalist and extremely varied HR Business Partner role supporting the Chief Commercial Officer for Road, as well as leaders of our Road subsidiary businesses, including Prestige, DriveTech and Driving School, working closely with business leaders and business areas to provide HR expertise and support business performance.
The HR Business Partner is a broad generalist role at both an operational and strategic level and will deal with sensitive and complex people management matters. In this role, you will contribute to and deliver HR strategic plans and initiatives, providing commercial HR consultancy services to a number of internal business areas and ensuring the successful implementation of HR solutions which meet business requirements.
You will work in close partnership with HR specialists including Employee Relations, Talent & Development, Talent Acquisition, Reward, Communication & Engagement and HR Operations to broker pragmatic solutions to solve business problems. In addition, you will be responsible for delivering excellent HR advice and guidance, aligned to AA policy and business objectives and fully complaint with employment law.
What will I be doing?
- Develop and maintain strong working partnerships with the business area to identify current and future people requirements.
- Drive the delivery of the people plan for the business area, ensuring local business plans reflect the overall HR strategic plan.
- Working with the respective centres of excellence to provide consultancy to the business area on: reward and recognition; organisation design, employee relations; succession planning; talent management; change programmes; performance management; employee engagement, TUPE and acquisitions, training & development.
- Influence the business in adopting HR best practice and support them in the effective management of people to maximise their individual and collective contribution.
- Generate meaningful insight and analysis of management information provided to the business, making recommendations for improvements as required to the HR and wider management teams.
- Business partner the business area Leadership Team to influence thinking, provide challenge and identify opportunities to add greater value.
- Contribute to the business strategic plans to reduce attrition and implement initiatives to improve engagement, build strong employee relations and employee retention.
- Ensure proactive and engaging lines of communication with Employee representatives and union officials/representatives as appropriate
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- A credible and confident self-starter with a proven ability to gain buy-in and deliver results that add value and fit with the values of the organisation.
- Commercial focus - considers business, customer, employee and brand.
- Experience in generalist HRBP roles
- Demonstrated ability to influence and gain the respect of senior business managers, as well as proven ability to influence and deliver business change.
- Emotional intelligence and ability to manage and resolve contentious individual or change issues.
- Sound understanding of HR best practice and experience of partnering leaders and managers
- Excellent practical knowledge of employment law.
- Project management experience of HR related projects.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver HR initiatives successfully, within budget and agreed timescales.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and changeable environment, with a flexible and pragmatic mind set.
- Experience building and managing union relationships.
- A clear and influential communicator with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong facilitation skills.
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree standard of education
- CIPD Qualified
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
• Private medical insurance
• Car allowance
• Discounted home and motor insurance
• Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We hope to hear from you soon. #LI-TheAA