Strategic Account Manager
Title: Strategic Account Manager
Department: Drive Tech - Commercial
Location: Field Based - Basingstoke
The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for maximising the commercial opportunity within our Strategic customer base. These are our largest fleet customers, typically taking a range of DriveTech products, with actual or potential revenues in excess of £50k per annum.
This is the job
You will have a thorough knowledge of DriveTech’s full range of products and services and be able to offer a consultative solution-based approach to the customer’s needs and business objectives in relation to fleet risk management and driver training. Through proactive key stakeholder management at all levels within the customers business and detailed account development planning, the Strategic Account Manager will aim to drive incremental revenue and margin growth for DriveTech, whilst ensuring that we continuously offer value through outstanding levels of service.
Additionally, a Strategic Account Manager will be capable of identifying and winning new customers, either from self-generated leads or through referrals or inbound enquiries.
What will I be doing?
- Meet or exceed all relevant targets and objectives as determined annually or from time to time by the business
- Actively identify and develop new business opportunities with prospective customers as required from time to time
- Take the lead on large and complex customer relationships involving multiple stakeholders in order to ensure retention, progression and maximised revenues and profitability
- Create documented strategic account development plans covering upsell/cross-sell opportunities, customer engagement, stakeholder management, SWOT analysis and relationship history
- Lead a programme of account review meetings including relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Work alongside Bid and Tender Manager to deliver custom proposals and tender responses to retain, grow and secure new business
- Work alongside Implementation manager to follow a structured plan for onboarding new customers in to the business, to the full satisfaction of both parties
- Provide accurate financial forecasting for both sales and trainer utilisation as required by the business
- Follow robust credit assessment, pricing and contractual approval processes for new and existing customers and ensure that timely reviews are scheduled and initiated
- Manage contractual negotiations with new and existing customers, involving relevant internal stakeholders, which aim to achieve favourable outcomes for DriveTech
- Work in close collaboration with the Operations teams to deliver outstanding levels of customer service through effective compliance with agreed process and procedure
- Support (and initiate where appropriate) the development of relevant Product and IT initiatives
- Maintain thorough and accurate information on all accounts within CRM and other systems as required and share appropriate information with other internal stakeholders in a timely manner
- Promoting and consistently demonstrating the ‘Customer First’ principles throughout DriveTech and beyond
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven consultative sales and negotiation skills
- Experience in delivering accurate financial sales forecasting
- An evidential track record in meeting and exceeding targets and objectives
- Delivery of high levels of customer satisfaction and positive feedback
- Previous experience of delivering a solution-based approach to customers with complex requirements
- Highly motivated and enjoy working with minimum of supervision
- Innovative and entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent relationship building skills – internal and external
- Computer skills – MS applications
- Dedicated team player
We are a business with an increasingly agile way of working and support a flexible working approach to this role. If this is something you would like to explore please just let us know.
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
Here at the AA we understand diversity and value the difference this brings to our culture and our customers. We actively seek people from diverse backgrounds to join us and become part of an inclusive company where you can be yourself, you are empowered to be your best and feel like you truly belong.
We hope to hear from you soon.