Complaints Team Manager
The AA is truly a great British brand. Established in 1905 by 4 driving enthusiasts, it remains one of the most well-known and trusted brands in the UK. Through our market leading and award-winning breakdown service to our high growth general insurance business, we look after more than 14m B2C and B2B customers each year. In recent years we have expanded the range of products and services we provide through a range of smaller, fast growing entrepreneurial businesses and acquisitions including AA and BSM Driving Schools, AA Cars, AA Financial Services, AA Drive Tech and our SMR (service, maintenance and repair) business, Prestige.
Location: Cardiff (flexible working available)
Salary: up to £35,000 per annum
Contract: Full time/Permanent
This is the job
As Customer Service Complaints Team Manager, you will be responsible for supporting and resolving customer service challenges and ensuring their team’s delivery of a world class customer service when resolving and preventing all customer complaints. In this role, you will be key to ensuring the success and satisfaction of both our Learner Driver and Franchisee Driving Instructor Customer bases.
What will I be doing?
- Day-to-day, end-to-end management of a Customer Service Complaints Team.
- Taking a hands-on approach to coaching and feedback to ensure the productivity of the team and exceed all relevant KPIs.
- Spear heading Quality Assurance activities throughout the Customer Services department.
- Management and implementation of strategic business changes and initiatives.
- Creating a culture and environment of world class service, empowering the team to take ownership of all customer complaints as well as contributing to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Reporting to the Customer Services Manager, offering insight, and feeding back on processes and policies, helping to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Working alongside our Fleet, Retention, Marketing and Tech teams to improve customer experience and operational functionality. Providing and evidencing data to drive decisions.
- Serving as an escalation point for customer complaints, leading by example in providing world class customer service and resolving complaints fully.
What do I need?
Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience of managing a complaints team, resolving complaints from multiple business areas
- Previous experience of coaching and developing a direct report team
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding customer service and productivity KPIs
- Proven track record of using data to gain insight and drive decision making.
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Experience of managing multiple customer challenges at the same time
- Experience of end-to-end complaint management
- Customer obsessed, determined to deliver world class service
- Calm, engaging but assertive personality to deliver a resolution
- Excellent attention to detail
- A trusted and respected colleague
- An ‘I’m always available to help’ personality
- Confident in leading through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We hope to hear from you soon. #Li-TheAA