Role: MI Analyst
Location: Tunbridge Wells/Remote working options
Salary: Up to £30,000 dep on exp + bonus + excellent benefits
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Here at the AA and as part of our Insurance Claims business in Tunbridge Wells, we are looking to recruit an MI Analyst to join us.
You will be part of a team where everyone works together and supports one another. It’s also one of the fastest growing areas in our business; starting out with a group of 4, the newly refurbished offices are now home to more than 200 employees in just 4 years, having achieved this through efficiencies, delivering first rate customer service and with fantastic team work. And despite these unusual times we are anticipating continued growth into next year and beyond. This is the perfect time to join us to develop your career within the Insurance industry and for a well-established organisation!
If you have experience working with data, have a numerate and analytical mind-set and would like to develop a career in Data and Analytics then we would love to hear from you!
This is the job
You will be responsible for assisting the MI Manager with importing data, creating and managing stored procedures to manipulate claims data into concise datasets and using the data to create analytics solutions for the claims department.
You will also be responsible for managing a series of weekly and monthly reporting spreadsheets capturing the key areas of each department.
In addition, there is an occasional need to search the database to verify financial transactions.
What will I be doing?
- Creation of reports using Crystal Reports, Microsoft Excel and Power BI
- Manipulate data tables using Stored Procedures and sub queries
- To monitor regular data imports to ensure successful integration between databases
- To manage regular weekly and monthly excel reports, understanding the key business areas within and the importance of these measures
- To assist in the reconciliation of claims and finance system
- To assist in providing data for external audits and Data Benchmarking exercises
- To carry out checks on data and apply changes where necessary
- Analyse data to find key focus areas, departmental trends and research potential initiatives that could benefit the business
What do I need?
- Working experience of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL Server essential
- Knowledge of Excel, Power BI and/or Crystal Reports advantageous
- Insurance Knowledge, desirable but not necessary
- High level of numeric ability
- Good spoken and written communication skills, with an ability to present findings to the business at all level
- Accuracy and attention to detail as well as an analytical approach and a desire to continually innovate
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
Why you should work for us
We are dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of the AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits, as well as learning and development opportunities including:
• Annual bonus scheme
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days holiday
• 50% discount on AA membership in the first year and free thereafter
• Discounts on the wider AA products and services incl. car insurance, home insurance etc.
• Flexible working options
• Onsite parking
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Extra Mile – our Reward and Recognition scheme
• Discounted shopping vouchers, cinema vouchers, gym membership, days out, holidays and more
• Opportunities in our internal development programme for Emerging Talent
• Social Committee