Customer Support Advisor
Job Title: Customer Support Team Agent
Location: Flexible, Home/Office Based, Head office in Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Salary: £18,500 to £22,000 basic salary depending on experience, with a performance related bonus on top
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, between 8 am – 6.00 pm Monday to Saturday, weekend work rotational shift pattern
We’re part of The AA group, the nation’s number one motoring organisation. AA Insurance supports millions of customers with our products and services, and is an essential part of our vision to make life easier for Britain’s drivers.
The insurance claims team in Tunbridge Wells is one of the fastest growing areas in our business. We’ve got exciting plans to continue our growth over the coming year, meaning there’s lots of opportunities for you to kickstart a career in Insurance with us.
This is the job
You will be part of our Customer Support Team and be committed to providing our customers with a world-class claims service by ensuring that their claims journey is smooth and they are correctly advised of their policy add on entitlements and how to utilise them.
What will I be doing?
You’ll support inbound and outbound phone calls in relation to customer’s add on policies. You will manage customers add on policies, liaising with insurers and third-party insurers to settle claims. Ensuring each claim is proactively managed whilst keeping our customer updated.
You will maintain expectations and provide outstanding customer service with an effortless journey until their claim is complete.
What do I need?
You’ll already have worked in customer facing role previously and as a confident communicator, written and verbal, you’ll be able to handle calls from customers and suppliers effectively.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has excellent administrative experience, ideally gained within the motor insurance industry
- A drive to deliver the right solution for the customer and our business
- Has excellent customer service experience and ability to manage expectations effectively
- Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness, and diplomacy when talking to our customers
- Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with customers
- Can think clearly and calmly under pressure
Why should you work for us?
We are dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of The AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits, as well as learning and development opportunities including:
- Discretionary annual performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays added to your leave entitlement
- Pension Scheme
- A lifestyle scheme that gives you access to discounted shopping vouchers, cinema vouchers, gym membership, days out, holidays and more
- Our internal development programme for Emerging Talent
- A 50% discount on your AA membership, which becomes completely free after 12 months
- Discounts on wider AA products and services (Car insurance, home insurance etc…)
- Free onsite parking at our office
- Access to a share save scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social Committee
- Extra Mile – our Reward and Recognition Scheme
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.