Customer Service Advisor
Contact Centres, Insurance
Job Title: Customer Service Advisor
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne (office and homeworking options available)
Salary: £18,826 rising to £19,314 after probation. Plus the opportunity to earn incentives of up to £3,700 per annum
Contract: Permanent, Full Time (36.25 hours per week)
HEY YOU – yes you, do you enjoy chatting to people? Well why not get paid for doing something you enjoy?
You’ve probably heard of the AA before; after all we have been around since 1905. What you might not know is that we started life with just 4 driving enthusiasts, and whilst we’ve grown to provide a wide range of products and services today, our core values remain the same.
We put the customer at the heart of each and everything we do.
This is the job
As a Customer Service Advisor, you’ll be part of a supportive, collaborative and simply brilliant team in our busy contact centre. You’ll be the key point of contact for existing and new customers, dealing with a wide range of questions and enquires about motor insurance, home insurance or breakdown membership.
What will I be doing?
Our service hours are 8am – 8.15pm Monday to Friday and from 9am – 5.15pm on a Saturday, and we offer rotational shifts between these hours. Unlike some contact centres we’re closed on a Sunday and are also closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
You’ll initially work on site in Newcastle whilst you complete training and get up to speed, with flexible options to work from home once you’re up and running effectively in your new role (typically after 3 months for most of our new starters). As part of our dynamic working model, we ask our teams to spend 10% of the working time in the office per year, an average of 2 per days a month. So where are we? You can find us in the Newcastle Business Park, just off Scotswood Road.
We currently have opportunities across a few of our departments, as our teams continue to grow;
Sales and Retention – Home and Motor Insurance
Customer Service – home and Motor Insurance
Sales and Retention – Breakdown membership
Once you’ve applied, we’ll help you find the right career path that meets your skillset and experience.
What do I need?
Don’t worry if you’ve not worked in a contact centre before. If you’ve got a passion for communicating and delivering great customer service, we’ll teach you the rest, providing all the training and support you’ll need to succeed!
What’s in it for me?
- 23 days holiday per year rising to 25 days after 5 years plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Annual salary reviews, with a 1% salary uplift agreed for December 2021 as part of a 2 year pay deal.
- Worksave pension scheme, with up to 7% employer contribution.
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months. Along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family.
- Access a number of products and services including healthcare, car salary sacrifice, Cycle to work Scheme as well discounts at hundreds of high street retailers, days out, holidays and many more.
- Free on-site parking.
- Opportunities to develop and grow – release that potential.
- Last but by no means least – an opportunity to work with some great colleagues.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Just so you know: we need to complete several pre-employment checks including a credit check and a criminal records check as part of the onboarding process.
Honestly, we look forward to hearing from you soon.