Supplier Performance Manager - Household Insurance Claims
Contact Centres, Insurance
Midlands & S Wales
Job title: Supplier Performance Manager – Household Insurance Claims
Location: Midlands/South Wales region
Salary: c£40,000 - £45,000 dep on exp + job need car + annual bonus + excellent benefits
Here at the AA and as part of our Motor & Home Insurance Claims business in Tunbridge Wells, we are looking to recruit a Supplier Performance Manager for our Household business to cover the Midlands and South Wales region of the UK.
The insurance claims business is predominantly based out of our Tunbridge Wells offices in Kent and have a highly successful motor insurance claims function which has grown year on year. We are about to expand even further by bringing our household claims business in-house with a kick off date of July of this this year.
This is an exciting new venture and we would love to talk to people with a strong background in supplier performance management and with excellent technical buildings knowledge. We’re looking for candidates who can add real value and help shape the household claims strategy for the AA and who have a strong customer focus – this is key for this role - the customer is at the heart of everything we do, delivering as a strong team to ensure the success of our business!
This is the job
You will be working closely with the Senior Manager, Household Supply Chain and claims colleagues to manage the performance of a range of household claim suppliers including field surveyors, building repair contractors, specialist national contractors and other supplier commodities within the wider claims supply chain.
You will be responsible for ensuring key claims suppliers’ performance is maintained in accordance with contractual requirements, identifying and delivering continuous improvement, and implementing best practice to achieve business objectives on costs control, process, quality, and customer service.
You will also manage a small portfolio of large and complex household property claims and the technical claims capability within the household team. You will be responsible for validating, reserving and negotiating settlement of complex and larger household property claims, including those over £100,000 in value.
What will I be doing?
- Working with the Senior Manager, Household Supply Chain to develop, manage and maintain supplier best practice, processes, service and spend control outcomes on household claims
- Leading the procurement process for the identification, sourcing, and onboarding of household claims suppliers that support and enable delivery of the household claim strategy
- Carrying out routine and regular live and closed file claim auditing on both a site and desktop basis to establish and drive best practice and behaviours within the household supply chain and ensuring suppliers are undertaking work that is in line with the AA’s quality assurance requirements
- Driving adherence to supplier SLA’s and delivery of industry leading customer satisfaction outcomes
- Delivering a supplier account performance management framework to ensure contractual, operational, regulatory, and business strategy requirements are being met at all times
- Acting as a subject matter expert referral point for claim handling colleagues, particularly on building claims and scoping accuracy
- Undertaking site visits for larger or more complex claims to agree a claims project plan with key stakeholders, including the customer and any appointed representative, surveyors, contractors etc.
- Ensuring complex and large loss cases are appropriately managed and controlled to satisfactory conclusion
- Identifying potentially fraudulent or dishonest claim related behaviour
- Working collaboratively to develop technical strategies to control indemnity spend on claims
- Managing off-boarding and WIP run off activity of suppliers exiting the Household Supply Chain following the intimation of contract termination by either party
What do I need?
- Thorough knowledge of the anatomy of domestic buildings and understanding of their defects/suitable repairs as well as understanding of drying techniques - essential
- Demonstrable experience in the sourcing and performance management of a range of household claims suppliers is essential, including the fulfilment of a comprehensive supplier audit program - essential
- Demonstrable experience of handling large and complex property claims is essential, to include the of handling property claims over £100,000 in value
- Stakeholder management skills with ability to build strong relationships and to influence in all directions
- A self-starter with a proven ability to solve problems and deliver results that add value
- A relevant qualification (e.g. MCIOB, MRICS, CII Diploma/Advanced Diploma) and/or BDMA accreditation is preferred but not essential depending on experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
We are also dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of the AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits, as well as learning and development opportunities including:
- Job need car
- Annual bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- 50% discount on AA membership in the first year and free thereafter
- Discounts on the wider AA products and services incl. car insurance, home insurance etc.
- Flexible working options
- Onsite parking
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Click here for more information