Scheduling and Real Time Manager
Contact Centres, Support
Real Time & Scheduling Manager
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
The role will focus on the continuous improvement of our resource scheduling and real time service across all indoor contact centres, including long (annual), medium (seasonal) and short (intra-day) term resource and real time management for all indoor staff.
A key requirement of this role is to meet forecast demand requirements and profiles by producing optimal roster patterns, shrinkage profiles and flexibility of hours to optimise resources on the day. Manage any variance within requirement due to demand and supply fluctuation.
What will I be doing?
- Produce schedules for all staff across all areas, using appropriate systems, skills and knowledge which meet customer demand in the most cost effective manner while taking account of individual preferences and agreements.
- Manage operational service levels and resource in a complex inbound and outbound, multimedia and back office customer contact operation
- Provide consistent communication between the Real Time Team, Operational Team Managers and Customer Service Managers, so that any service issues are highlighted, recommendations made and targets achieved through sensible negotiation and prioritisation across the Operation
- Recommend an optimal full-time/part-time balance and maintenance of appropriate team sizes and management ratios.
- Develop current working practices and methodologies to improve the scheduling proposition both from a Customer and Staff perspective, including where necessary configuration and development of current WFM tool
- Leading and developing a team of analysts to provide a best in class service
What do I need?
- Scheduling techniques - understanding of scheduling methodologies (Erlang c, real life data, simulation modelling), tools and techniques to develop effective schedules, including knowledge of Schedule Effectiveness
- Experience of managing real time delivery in a multi-site, multi-channel environment
- Knowledge of complexity of scheduling & intraday management in a multi skill, multi-channel, prioritised environment.
- Technology / Systems - Well versed in scheduling and telephony technologies e.g. WFM, Aspect, CMS, Avaya, etc.
What’s in it for me?
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We hope to hear from you soon.