Road Operations, Back Office
Job Title: Planner
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne (flexible working available)
Salary: c£33,000 per year plus a wide range of benefits
Hours: Full-time (36.25 per week)
Contract Type: Secondment/FTC for up to 15 months
We are incredibly proud to be the UK’s number one motoring organisation and work hard to ensure all our customers have a great experience, which is why our Newcastle office is our centre of excellence for motor and home insurance.
Receiving in excess of 3 million contacts per year, we are looking to recruit a Resource Planner, who can create and maintain accurate demand forecasting models to support the alignment of resources to meet ever changing demand and movement in contact channels.
This is the job
You will support the Resource Planning Business Partner to improve accuracy in demand forecasting and optimising resource alignment in the short, medium and long-term.
You will work collaboratively with all parts of the business that input to or take lead from the resource demand and supply plan; including, but not limited to Operational teams, Commercial teams, Finance teams, HR and Recruitment teams, Training teams and Change management teams. The individual will work closely with these key business areas to improve cross business co-operation and accountability for accurate demand and resource planning.
You will be responsible for assisting with the creation and maintenance accurate forecasting models, using market leading tools and techniques and evaluating existing and new models to optimise forecasting accuracy.
A key requirement of this the role will be working closely with the Scheduling and Realtime teams to improve the end to end service level delivery, as well as feeding into long term financial and resource planning, short term rosters and resource requirements and in-day changes to deliver efficient service for our members.
What will I be doing?
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support and use best practise Demand and Resource Planning tools and techniques to optimise service and cost, from long term planning, through medium and short-term forecasts of workload and staff.
• Scenario / simulation modelling on demand variation from changing customer demographics, impacts of new products or services including ad-hoc complex analysis on demand and supply.
• Provide the Scheduling & Real Time teams with accurate daily and intra-day staffing forecasts through the analysis and maintenance of demand drivers (Calls, AHT, Shrinkage etc).
• Delivery of effective communication to all key stakeholders and interested parties including Senior Managers to support effective decision-making and manage the relationships with the wider resource planning team.
• Proactively identify areas to improve the overall Customer Experience, using data and analysis techniques to support measurable positive change in a continuous improvement framework, overcoming resistance and providing support to all levels where necessary
• Ensure delivery of service that is aligned with customer need and that provides value for money. Challenging the current approach to enable/enhance delivery as and when required.
What do I need?
It’s essential that you have:
• Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ideally you will have previous experience of planning for multiple contact centres and /or a field-based work force.
• Commercial knowledge of business and financial management, budget and long-term resource planning
• Multiple examples of different tools and techniques for forecasting, scenario planning and resource scheduling
• Linking and using analytics to deliver, support and influence business strategy
• Ability to think strategically, while managing and understand the detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and build relationship across reporting boundaries.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to translate complex data and concepts into easy to understand formats.
• Proactive and results orientated
What’s in it for me?
• Up to 10% discretionary bonus
• Private healthcare
• 33 days holiday per year
• Worksave pensions scheme which includes death in service benefit
• flexible benefits
Closing date: 25 April 2021
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.