Contact Centres, Support
Role: Insight Analyst
Location: Oldbury - West Midlands
Full Time Permanent Position
We have two positions available within Insights:
Forecasting & modelling Team
- A first-class degree in Mathematics, Statistics or a related subject
- This role is building long term breakdown and outdoor resource plan forecasts as well as using machine learning techniques to optimise the way the operation is run
Data Analysis Strategy Team
- Data and operational strategy. Using big data and historical performance metrics to come up with strategies that will improve Patrol performance. Such as using telematics to save fuel/CO2 emissions, and improving patrol drive times. As well as being the bridge between IT (who provide data) and the rest of the insight team (who use the data for Insight). A good knowledge of Databricks, Python etc would be desirable, but not essential.
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
Using advanced mathematical and analytical methods to help the business solve problems and make better decisions. The Insight team provides a comprehensive management information, analytics and business modelling service to contribute to the cost effectiveness of the business.
Responsible for producing applied analytics, evaluation of trials, business modelling and small system developments; developing sophisticated mathematical models and interpreting results to assist with decision making by senior management. You will also utilise statistical analysis and business models to establish the consequence of pursuing different actions and implementing practical mathematical algorithms within business processes.
Requires knowledge of computer systems (including hardware and software) and a high degree of problem solving capability in order to identify anomalies and provide innovative solutions for change. We are looking for someone with a pro-active approach and the ability to bring forward new ideas, insight and analysis above and beyond what has been requested.
What will I be doing?
Devising and developing sophisticated decision support systems to aid strategic and tactical decision making by senior and operational management.
Designing and running presentations and training courses regarding new computer models to ensure all management and staff are conversant with all aspects of new systems and providing on-going support to users.
Developing simulation and general business models to assist with the identification of inefficiencies and making recommendations for improvement of business performance.
Initiating projects to assess business performance and making proposals for changes in working practices to senior management, and playing a major part in the implementation process.
Providing a comprehensive analytical service to all levels of management; identifying trends, highlighting problem areas and recommending solutions to improve business performance.
Reviewing the reporting of all management information and statistical analysis produced to ensure that it meets customer requirements, and recommending changes to ensure insight meets the changing needs of the business.
Keeping up to date with changes to working practices and operational research techniques to ensure the highest standards are maintained in the support of management decision making.
Undertaking ad hoc projects as requested by line management ensuring objectives and time scales are fully met.
Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
Health and safety requirements
Conduct yourself, and carry out work, to ensure compliance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of applied operational research methodologies.
- A first-class degree in Mathematics, Statistics or a related subject; and preferably a post graduate degree in Operational Research
- Knowledge of statistical computing e.g. R, SAS
- Experience in databases and SQL
- Good understanding of computer modelling techniques (machine learning, statistical modelling, experiment design, optimisation).
- Good knowledge of computer programming skills (C, Java, VB, Python)
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work using your own initiative to tight time scales
- Good communication and presentation skills and the ability to engage with management.
- Commercial acumen and a proactive, ‘results orientated’ approach.
We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skill and the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively across multiple departments. You will also require excellent communication skills; specifically the ability to translate complex data and concepts into easy to understand formats.
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.