Digital Experience Designer
Head Office, Digital
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: Up to £60,000
This is the job
Reporting directly to the Digital Experience Design Lead, you will be responsible for the product, user experience and interface design of our AA Cars services. You will work alongside, and collaborate with, other talented designers, editors, product owners and developers to deliver an excellent customer experience across all channels. This is very much a hybrid UX/UI role with a combination of hands-on design and managing of third party agencies. We are really looking to take our AA Used Car Platform to the next level, bringing it in line with our design system and ensure a customer centric approach.
You will have a strong background in a range of techniques from the design thinking and lean toolkits and be in your element facilitating user centric product discovery. You have demonstrable experience synthesising and visualising complex insights to drive alignment and decision-making.
As well as this, you are naturally collaborative and possess strong storytelling skills. You can design and craft quality digital user journeys across app and web that demonstrate a thorough understanding of design standards and principles, whilst working collaboratively in a cross-functional agile team.
You will need to be a positive self-starter and a customer advocate who is always keen to understand customer needs and behaviour. You will formulate hypotheses for iterative improvement and use conceptual design techniques to inform the high-fidelity designs you produce. You will need to test and validate the experiences you design and can call on a variety of methods to do so – including analytics, split-testing, remote user testing, call listening, customer feedback and lab studies. Your portfolio of outstanding design work must demonstrate this iterative, user centred approach to continuous improvement.
What will I be doing?
- Designing new features across customer journeys
- Optimising existing experiences to boost visitor engagement and conversion rate
- Validating designs with actionable data from a range of sources
- Contributing to style guides and design system
- Presenting designs and explaining rationale to senior stakeholders
- Working closely with editors to ensure that content is considered as part of the design process
- Working with developers to deliver best possible customer experience within OS guidelines
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience in a similar UX/UI role
- Ideally an understanding/experience of front-end development
- Proven success in designing for the responsive web
- Demonstrable experience of problem definition and facilitating product discovery across multiple disciplines
- Knowledge of lean approaches, working closely with optimisation specialists and data analysts to drive evidence-based decision making
- Experience of conducting user testing
- Familiar with working in agile/scrum environments
- Comfortable with understanding and using data and customer feedback to guide design decisions
- Expertise using tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, AxureRP, InVision etc.
- Able to build prototypes to low or high fidelity depending on context
- Happy working at conceptual and detailed levels – adjusting techniques and approaches as necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical colleagues across the business
- Capable of working at speed and under pressure to deliver regular updates to the app and website
- Self-starter that takes the initiative and works well in closely-formed scrum teams
- Strong stakeholder management
- user centred approach
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.