Customer Service Advisor, Inbound Service
Contact Centres, Insurance
Role: Customer Service Advisor - Inbound Service
Salary: £18,640 including flexibility allowance, rising again to £19,178 once you’ve completed your training and probation, plus average reward earnings of £2000
Shifts: Rotational shifts between 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday (our opening hours). Working 1 in 2 Saturdays on average, from 9am – 5pm, with a day off in lieu during the week. Over a 10-week rota, people typically work five Saturdays and five weeks of our later shift (finishing at 7.30 – 8.15pm)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time 36.25 hours per week
Start date: February
To help make sure that everyone has a equal opportunity when applying, we're only able to accept one application per person for our Customer Service positions. Please can we ask you to double check before you apply that you're happy with the opportunity you've selected - once you've applied, our team will not be able to consider any further applications for similar opportunities.
We are part of the AA group, the nation’s number one motoring organisation. AA Insurance supports millions of customers with our products and services and is growing fast. We have exciting plans for the future with lots of opportunities to develop your career. Why not join us?
This is the job
Will you get a buzz from helping our customers and solving problems in a fast paced, fun and challenging environment? Our Customer Service Advisors have expertise in insurance and deliver exceptional service on every call, which is why millions of customers choose us for their Motor and Home insurance.
Where you’ll be working
We are based in Newcastle Business Park. It’s on the main bus route and only 5 minutes from the city centre. We also have free parking. We promote an inclusive culture with team building activities and rewards and recognition for great performance. It’s a fun and sociable office with always lots going on to get involved in. We have a canteen and fantastic chill out area with pool tables, table tennis and amazing views of the Tyne river and the Angel of the North.
What will I be doing?
As a Customer Service Advisor, you’ll be part of a great team in our busy call centre. You’ll be the key point of contact for our insurance customers, helping them make changes to their insurance policy, answering general enquiries, fixing complex issues and resolving the occasional complaint. With excellent product knowledge and great rapport, you’ll bring to life our values of care and expertise ensuring an outstanding customer experience on every call. It’s a challenging and varied role and you’ll be given excellent training and coaching to develop your confidence, knowledge and skills.
What do I need?
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for helping people and a natural flair for great conversations
- A great listener who takes the time to fully understand the needs of our customers
- A talent for solving problems and finding the best solution for our customers and our business
- An eye for detail and accuracy and confident using a PC
- Drive to achieve your objectives and keep your knowledge up to date
- Resilience and positivity when faced with challenging situations
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to change
- An openness to feedback and a great team player
What you’ll receive
- 31 days holiday per year (including bank holidays) rising the longer you’ve been here
- Access to our internal development programme, designed to tap into your potential and support you to progress in your career
- Discounts at hundreds of high street retailers, days out, holidays and many more
- Free AA membership after 12 months
- AA share save scheme
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers