Brand Media Marketing Manager
Head Office, Marketing
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
This role is a crucial part of the Group Marketing team at a very exciting time for the AA brand, helping shape and grow our brand in the UK primarily from a media strategy and planning perspective with opportunities to be involved in creative briefing and development.
What will I be doing?
- Work closely with Senior Marketing Manager – Media to manage short to long term media strategy, planning and execution with our dedicated media agencies across brand (from broader campaigns to tactical product launches) and coordinating individual P&Ls as appropriate
- Support delivery of all ATL media planning and execution across brand, DR and P&Ls as appropriate
- Ensure we are leading the way with brand media both in efficiency and innovation
- Support management of ongoing econometrics reporting and identify and support continual effectiveness and optimisation opportunities
- Be a point person for media across the whole of the AA business – helping advise on media planning within P&Ls with an eye on how it ladders into the wider Group Marketing ambitions.
- Supporting management of the AA’s offline media agencies and maintain close relationships with online media agencies
- As appropriate, take opportunities to work with the other members of the brand team on creative campaign briefing, planning and execution.
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager on senior leadership requests from a media perspective – stepping up as appropriate to defend and showcase our brand media approach
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong experience in media planning, strategy and management, across agency and ideally client side
- Good understanding of brand planning with a focus on ATL performance and experience in direct response
- Experience of forecasting and budget optimisation drawing on multiple data points including linear campaign reporting, econometrics modelling
- Understanding of media buying, implementation management and trading dynamics in media market
- Good experience of digital and/or below the line planning and effectiveness
- Good commercial instinct – ability to balance longer term thinking with shorter term tactical requirements
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders across a large, complex organisation, whether agency or client side
- Experience with budget management
- Excellent understanding of agency and agency management
- Experience of creative campaign briefing / management desirable
Education and Qualifications:
- Strong educational background
- Ideally some media qualifications
- Positive, proactive and keen to learn (both media and creative)
- A love of brand marketing and media
- Highly numerate and commercially savvy
- Ability to build rapport and influence large range of stakeholders (upwards, sideways and into other areas of organisation)
- Ability to own and lead the agenda, holding others to account
- Clarity of thought, and ability to simplify complex decisions and situations
- Resilient, robust and unflappable
- Organised with a good attention to detail, prioritisation and time management
- Good written and spoken communication skills
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.