Acquisition Optimisation and Channel Analyst
Road Operations, Road
The AA is truly a great British brand. Established in 1905 by 4 driving enthusiasts, it remains one of the most well-known and trusted brands in the UK with over 12m breakdown members (B2C and B2B). With more patrols and a higher quality service than any competitor (Which? recommended best breakdown provider and defaqto 5 stars) the AA is the undisputed leader in the sector. In recent years, the AA has branched out to provide a range of related services including competitive insurance products, Smart Care (underpinned by the acquisition of the Prestige garage network), AA Driving School, AA Cars, AA Finance and more. With that strong foundation, the AA is now focussed on a future vision to make the driving lives of all 32m UK drivers simple and smart with data, digital and innovation at the heart of its transformation strategy. No one is better placed to deliver on this vision than the AA.
This is the job
Location: London or Basingstoke with opportunity to work from home
Salary: Up to £55,000 + benefits
This role is responsible for the identification and delivery of commercial initiatives to improve customer acquisition. Primarily focused on the AA’s inbound channels, you will help otimise our customer acquisition efficiency and effectiveness by delivering insight on performance improvement opportunities, and act as a commercial business partner to the acquisition leadership team.
What will I be doing?
Support the Acquisition Director and Acquisition Team by defining and leading the analytical streams of our key Road Commercial Acquisition priorities:
- Enhance the Trading measurement and reporting to highlight the key drivers of growth and enable them to be monitored and managed.
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of marketing investments (on a weekly and monthly as well as periodic basis), with all programmes measured and optimised at the margin.
- Lead the thinking on how we optimise the volume/value trade-off, enabling us to develop a clear price and promotional strategy for every channel and programme.
- Optimise the effectiveness of marketing investments:
- Conversion Rate Optimisation (increase volume and reduce CPA)
- Brand Search Optimisation (reduce CPA)
- Search Engine Optimisation (increase volume)
- Develop alternative measurement approaches and methodologies to sit alongside the Econometric approach, to provide key stakeholders (including C Level) with a deeper and broader understanding of the impact of Acquisition activity on driving new Member growth over the short and long term.
- Lead the thinking on how we optimise the marketing mix, so that we’re driving the right volume and value in every channel (including the baseline), reaching the target consumer segments and achieving strategic goals.
- Enable us to develop an approach that measures how we’re reaching the right customer segments – looking at reach, penetration and effectiveness by segment.
- Collaborate with the Retention Optimisation and Channel Analyst to monitor and measure the impact Acquisition activity is having on our existing Members.
- Build a culture of Results Focus and Continuous Improvement across the Acquisition Team.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- A strong analyst with a proven track record of delivering accurate, insightful analysis used to contribute significantly to commercial objectives.
- Able to simplify analytics into recommendations and work with operational teams to implement by building close and trusted relationships
- Highly numerate with experience of data manipulation and relevant analytical tools, mainly including advanced Excel. Looker an advantage.
- A commercially aware individual, able to appreciate and contribute to the wider business strategy and objectives
- A developed understanding or interest of call centre operations, ideally within a consumer retention environment, and able to appreciate operational pressures and how they play into commercial performance
Education and Qualifications:
- Preferably, a degree level qualification or equivalent within a relevant commercial subject area
- Driven individual, with the passion and energy to improve the business
- Demonstrable appetite to broaden knowledge and develop skills
- An extremely well organised and disciplined approach, with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- An excellent team player, able to work with a diverse set of stakeholders to deliver objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills with an ability to effectively work with a broad range of stakeholders
- An ability to challenge in a constructive and positive way