Enterprise Risk Manager
Head Office, Compliance
£65,000 - £75,000
This is the job
Reporting to the Head of Policy and Technical, this role will be responsible for the development and ownership of the AA’s risk management framework, and the ongoing independent oversight and challenge of risk management activities within the AA.
What will I be doing?
- Provide risk management insight, oversight and challenge, working with the Risk and Compliance Business Partners and business units to deliver best practice in the management of financial, operating, health and safety, emerging and reputational risks;
- Assist in the development of the AA’s Risk Management Framework assist roll-out of standards to the wider business, ensuring that risk systems and processes are aligned with business needs, fit for purpose and embedded in the business;
- Investigate the root causes of risks, liaising with various teams, including Business Partner team, to manage issues and incidents;
- Responsible for the development, testing and maintenance of all risk tools and processes within the Framework, such as Policy and Procedures, Risk Appetite Framework, Policy Framework, Risk and Control Self-Assessment processes (Snap Checks), and training and guidance;
- Working with the Operations and MI team to develop Risk Reporting templates and dashboards and producing reporting for governance committees and forums.
- Develop and perform risk analytics to give additional insight into all types of risk affecting the AA, e.g. via stress and scenario testing and considering economic, social, data and emerging risks;
- Conducting risk identification interviews and facilitating risk assessment workshops, including at executive management levels
- Health and safety requirements - Conduct yourself, and carry out work, to ensure compliance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong experience in risk (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, market risk, IT systems security, business process management)
- Experience with Risk and Control Self Assessments
- Proven experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining effective risk management programs, especially risk controls within a plc environment.
- Knowledge of FCA regulatory environment.
- Strong relationship management skills and organizational savvy
- Ability to analyse data and make connections across various data sets to make recommendations to management in a timely manner.
- Ability to leverage creative thinking and problem-solving skills to facilitate decisions and to ensure outcomes result in expected business value.
- Able to communicate across a varied business landscape at all levels of an organisation
- Builds positive proactive business-partner relationships with internal groups
- Ability to interpret complex technical information and communicate into easy to understand concepts for stakeholders
- Planning and organisational skills, including the co-ordination and delivery of business change and continuous improvements
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Able to be pragmatic and deliver commercial and compliant solutions
Education and Qualifications:
- To degree or equivalent level, Or
- Demonstrable relevant experience
- Risk Management Qualifications desirable.
- Quick learner with a positive can-do attitude
- Credible communicator with an honest and open approach
- Able to learn quickly and adjust
- Happy to take on all elements and levels of work
- Someone looking for the next challenge to further their career / experience
- Ability to see big picture
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.