Senior Digital Product Owner
Head Office, Product & Marketing
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: £65,000 + benefits
This is the job
The AA is committed to transforming it’s products, services and customer experiences to make UK driving life smarter and simpler. The AA’s digital propositions team is absolutely fundamental to achieving this vision, and as a Senior Digital Product Owner, you will be a pivotal part of this team.
Your role will focus on self service initiatives, with a particular focus on webchat, messaging and voice related projects that transition across voice and digital channels to deliver a seamless omnichannel experience. You will be a key part of a team who define the strategy and lead the implementation of initiatives in this area to deliver best in class customer experiences as well as measurably improving operational efficiency.
You will collaborate with stakeholders right across the business to achieve defined goals, working with operational, commercial and technical colleagues on a day to day basis. As product owner, you will work in an agile scrum team identifying and prioritising product requirements and features to continually optimise value to business stakeholders, as well empowering customers to be able to use services through digital channels 24 hours a day.
The role may also require you to lead the implementation of other digital propositions or improvements from time to time, in order to support delivery of the broader AA product and digital roadmap.
What will I be doing?
- In conjunction with digital and business stakeholders, set the strategy for the use of chat and messaging across the AA, to help deliver against the broader AA self service strategy. This includes a range of live, automated, conversational and asynchronous chat/messaging experiences to optimise customer experience and operational efficiency.
- Responsible for driving self service adoption through the delivery of initiatives which traverse voice and digital channels, including visual IVR type initiatives.
- Collaborate with IT, operations, Customer Service and Product teams, as well as Technology stakeholders to help design and oversee implementation of various features and enhancements across the above areas.
- Accountable for breaking features down into epics, creating and refining user stories, making sure all stories have acceptance criteria and setting NFRs and collaborating with other product owners in program in planning and execution.
- You will be expected to conduct and coordinate demos, create ad-hoc communications, path to live and well as forecasting any operational impacts, as well as generally being prepared to articulate your team’s backlog and product roadmap. Identify and manage cross-functional dependencies within projects, and work with other Product Owners to support cross-product responsibilities as needed.
- Create and present roadmaps, product updates to senior leadership.
- Ensure adherence to agreed product and project management methodologies and quality procedures. Work closely with Compliance and Legal on requirements and guidelines in the customer self-service space.
- Constantly keep a wide range of stakeholders engaged and informed of progress, including organising internal demos, retrospectives, backlog grooming, and refinement sessions
- Accountable for development and execution of your channel/journey roadmap – you will manage the product backlog, making continual prioritisation/trade off decisions, and be accountable to stakeholders for delivery along with the other members of your product team and delivery team.
- Providing and explaining relevant business numbers and objectives to the development team to connect them with the product and its customers to make informed decisions together
- Working with the digital CX team, brief, set up and analyse studies in understanding customer responses to existing and proposed journeys, including usability testing, onsite feedback and competitor benchmarking.
- Drive adoption of relevant journeys, working with operational, digital and marketing teams
- Ensure a consistent and optimal approach is adopted for customers who move across channels, switching from online (app or web) to offline and vice versa.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Deep understanding of digital product management and development, with particular experience in automated chat, messaging and voice to digital technologies within relevant industries
- Experience of successfully delivering change to customer customer journeys through development, delivery and analysis phases
- Commercial awareness with the ability to identify opportunities and issues and come up with appropriate and timely solutions.
- Complete understanding of the Product Owner role within an Agile Scrum setting.
- Understanding of customer needs/behaviours and user-centric design
- Experience in business process management or service design
- Great UX sensitivity.
- Conversant in Scrum and Kanban methodologies, familiar with Lean principles.
- Demonstrative ability to effectively balance technical capabilities, consumer & business needs.
- Understanding of digital tools and technologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills, able to negotiate, influence, inspire and motivate
Education and Qualifications:
- Agile Product Owner certification is highly desirable
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence is highly desirable
- Reflects and exhibits the AA Brand Values – Courtesy, Care, Expertise, Dynamism and Collaboration
- Natural ability to work in a collaborative manner, with a wide variety of stakeholders and colleagues
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Ability to work under pressure and at pace
- Displays flexibility, leadership and ability to deliver on tasks.
- Accurate, planned and pays attention to detail
- Strong team player, confident yet willing to roll up sleeves and get stuck in
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.