Group Conversion Manager
Head Office, Digital
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary; up to £55,000 + benefits
This is the job
The AA has a commitment to a programme of continual conversion rate optimisation to support the business’ core sales journeys online. This has senior management support and is a core digital initiative.
The Group Conversion Manager is responsible for leading this initiative for the road products, with most of their time focused on the UK breakdown product. They are also responsible for leading a “community of interest” through the AA focused on conversion rate optimisation, including sharing learnings and best practises across teams.
The business is going through an exciting period of transformation and a unique opportunity exists for the right individual to join and be fundamental in raising the AA’s CRO efforts to the next level, including during a period of significant IT and Digital change.
This role is based in the digital team at the AA’s Covent Garden Office, with occasional travel to other AA office, including in Basingstoke and Cheadle.
What will I be doing?
You will work closely with the Digital Road Product Owner, the Head of Digital Sales and Marketing, the Road scrum team (design, editorial, development), the Road Commercial team and the AA’s agencies and outsourcing partners. A relentless approach, focused on finding the next improvement, is required.
- Responsible for CRO project management and managing split-tests through hypothesis, design, brief, sign-off, results, and managing the result into development.
- Be a strong voice for customer experience in the business, working with the UX team and other team members to deliver the right result for customers and therefore commercial results that supports the business in achieving its objectives. This element of the role will support the AA’s commitment to Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
- Ensure CRO is utilised to manage risks down when significant changes are proposed to the online sales journeys.
- Be able to work within the Road Site scrum, including supporting Road Digital Product Owner in some tasks that impact customer experience, therefore helping the team achieve their sprint targets.
- Manage changes to the AA homepage, including CRO activity, with support from the Head of Digital Sales and Marketing.
- Attend internal meetings and input into campaign planning, website changes and other decisions to ensure every opportunity is taken to maximise the performance of the online sales journeys.
- Investigate issues that arise in the sales journey and producing analysis on trading changes or user behaviour trends, often at short notice.
- Assist with vendor selection, onsite implementation and then report from selected tools, including review of user sessions. This will go together with assessing reports of site issues or improvement suggestions to establish facts and assess likely outcomes
- Be the go-to source of knowledge of how site design, functionality and the presentation of products and offers can impact conversion rates, ATV and other core metrics.
- Pro-actively share best practices and learning throughout the AA to drive improvements in digital marketing across the company and troubleshoot campaigns
- Keep up-to-date with industry developments, best practices, consumer experience research and new technologies and develop a close working relationship with internal teams and the agencies.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 years experience managing online journey changes and CRO in the UK for a large brand either directly or via an agency.
- A strong pedigree in CRO is key; from planning a strategy to launching, managing and presenting back findings and recommending next steps
- Previous experience working with internal teams and managing MVT tool providers
- Experience using analytics packages, ideally Google Analytics
- Experience coordinating site changes between commercial and technical teams
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to work across the wider business and with external agencies
- Ability to translate data and present results back to stakeholders at different levels; it is vital that you are able to talk about CRO and testing strategies in a language that stakeholders will understand
- Awareness of the digital marketing mix; you must be knowledgeable about the different characteristics of the paid search, SEO, affiliates, social media and digital display channels and be able to understand how they will influence CRO
Other requirements include:
- Able to gather and generate ideas/concepts for CRO activity with a data-led approach
- Understanding of website technologies and an awareness of website development and coding (HTML/CSS is a plus)
- Ideally experience of session capture technology, including assessing sessions and running reports to identify issues or opportunities
- Experience with forecasting commercial results, uplift, and applying conversion rate uplift by channel
- Experience of Sitecore an advantage
- The ability to work from and expand limited briefs
- Strong teamwork and able to build internal networks to accomplish goals through collaboration
- Previous experience of working with / at a large financial services, insurance, utility or similar brands is an advantage
- Experience of working with compliance and legal teams is also desirable.
- Experience of Agile Scrum and the tools Jira and Confluence is also an advantage
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.