Head Office, Customer Data
We have an exciting new job opportunity for a Data Steward to join our Data Governance team at the AA.
The Automobile Association (AA) is the UK’s biggest, premier break down company employing over 7000 colleagues across the UK. We have strong roots dating back to 1905 and an ambitious change agenda.
This is the job
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the monitoring of data quality and data integrity, ensuring that the data is fit for purpose for business needs. You’ll audit existing business data and ensure it complies with policies and standards with a focus on cleansing and enriching it and helping remove inaccuracies and duplications. You’ll become involved with Master Data Management and Data governance on the analytics platform helping to ensure the quality of existing and upcoming capabilities. Data Governance responsibilities form an important part of the role, helping report on KPI’s, firming up data definitions and business rules.
What will I be doing?
- Manage Data Quality issues to resolution
- Work and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure business data needs are constantly met
- Work and collaborate with source system owners
- Data Governance responsibilities
- Perform reporting and efficiency metrics
- Review exceptions from match and merge routines, support defining and refining rules and support the resolution of issues.
- Help in the process of bringing common data together to perform standardisation
- Manage the Data Quality of the Master Data Management process by identifying and resolving data quality issues and supporting the business in data requirements
- Assist in defining and supporting the Data Governance framework for the centralised data analytics platform covering metadata management, business glossary and data quality using the agreed tooling (e.g. Informatica EDC, Axon, IDQ)
- Assist in putting together a reference data management strategy, including tool selection, process and implementation
- Collate and report on KPI and data definitions
- Assist in putting together business rules for key business metrics and definitions
- Responsible for creating, implementing and enforcing any data policies and processes, and ensuring high levels of data quality
- Collaborate with other data stewards to resolve issues related to standards and definitions for those data elements that cross domains
- Assist with projects as required
What do I need?
- Over 5 years working experience in a Data role within a complex business setting.
- Understanding of Data Management with a good understanding of key business processes.
- Tenacity, the ability to drive actions to resolution
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experienced in data quality tooling e.g Informatica IDQ
- Experience of working on data cataloguing and business glossary tools e.g Informatica EDC, Axon
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Working with stakeholders, demonstrable consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, and culture change
- Strong knowledge of developing KPI rules and data definitions
- Experience in the data quality needs of data warehousing, business intelligence, and analytical solutions.
- Delivered substantial business performance improvement through data quality improvement
- Experience within a large B2C and B2B2C operation.
- A good understanding of data design, development and privacy.
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate complex analytical results in a clear and easy-to-understand way
- Relevant experience in data governance and data quality
- Good analytical, problem solving and logical reasoning skills
- Able to multi task and manage business expectations
- Strong eye for detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.