Contact Centres, Insurance
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers
Salary: Up to £45,000
This is the job
As an HR Advisor at our Cardiff site, you will work as part of the wider people team and in close partnership with your HR Business Partner to support on ER related issues. You will provide a highly visible, joined up, comprehensive people solution to your business area. You will make a real contribution by using your specialist Employee Relations (ER) skillset to promote proactive employee relations, and actively drive our people’s wellbeing and performance. One of your key duties is to advise and coach line managers in the full range of people management issues, so your commercial, pro-active and customer centric approach alongside first rate employment law knowledge are critical parts of your role.
What will I be doing?
- Work in an open, collaborative way with HR Business Partners and others in the wider HR team to ensure your business area receives a highly visible, comprehensive, joined up and pro-active service that helps them deliver their goals.
- Understand your business area, the drivers of growth, the needs of our customers and how people can contribute to the continued success of the AA
- Gain a deep understanding of the drivers of engagement, wellbeing and performance in your business area, then proactively ensure that solutions are brought to bear that address any issues
- Deliver concise, accurate and outcome focused advice to line managers on the full range of employee relations issues, specifically performance management aswell as absence, discipline, grievance, use of our occupational health service, restructure, TUPE and diversity.
- Working with T&D colleagues train, coach and develop your line manager community in matters of employee relations, people management and wellbeing, ensuring they are kept up to date with legislative changes.
- Create and provide weekly reports on the full range of employee relations issues including performance discipline and grievance.
- Support the development and review of people policies and procedures.
- Maintain and grow positive relationships with Employee Forum and Trade Union representatives.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
• A proven background in an ER role in a fast paced customer centric organisation.
• Proven ability to work in partnership with others to deliver a comprehensive people solution to clients.
• Thorough, up to date employment law knowledge together with sound judgment skills.
• Experience on leading organisational change, including restructure, TUPE and allied issues.
• Wide experience of advising line managers on the full range of employment issues.
• Demonstrated ability to positively partner with Employee Representatives, Trade Unions and working with Collective Bargaining Agreements.
• First hand experience of supporting organisational change.
• Experience of successfully coaching and training line managers in a wide range of employee relations issues, specifically performance management
Education and Qualifications:
• A Degree standard level of education, or the equivalent professional experience at the level of the role.
• Ideally an Associate or above member of the CIPD.
• A collaborative team player who communicates openly and works with others in a seamless way
• A pro-active self-starter who understands the needs of their clients.
• Commercially driven, understands the business, future direction and the needs of our customers.
• Communicates concisely, effectively and persuasively in writing as well as orally.
• Excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise, and progress a high volume of complex issues to successful resolution.
• Makes sensible decisions in difficult and deadline driven situations.