Team Leader - Insurance First Notification of Loss
Head Office, Longacre Claims
Role: Team Leader - Insurance First Notification of Loss
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Contract: Full time, Permanent
This is the job
To assist in managing a team of claims handlers to ensure the provision of a world-class claims service to our Insurance policyholders, smooth running of the team ensures that handlers assess customer claims quickly, and that valid claims are settled in the shortest possible time.
The role holder will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintain of an effective new claim notification and liability claims process and ensuring that claims are proactively managed within the team. They will also be responsible for inducting new team members, for quality audits for the team, and for providing training on any needs identified.
People management is key, ensuring that the conduct policy is adhered to and any issues within the team are addressed without hesitation.
What will I be doing?
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training
- Leads through example, providing quality customer service, including managing a small portfolio, answering customer enquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints
- Managing the incoming call volumes for the Liability TeamAssists management with hiring processes and new team member training
- To finalise written complaints in line with company and FOS guidelines, including composition of Final Response Letters
- Review payments for authorisation within set financial boundaries, rejecting when necessary
- Audits claims and calls, and provides constructive one to one feedback
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems
- Communicates deadlines and targets to team members
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, objectives, and deadlines
- Supports team manager and performs management duties when manager is absent or out of office
- Ensures Data Protection Act is adhered to within team’s work and also clear desk policy is enforced.
- Thorough understanding of;
- Road Traffic Act
- Complaints Process
- Data Protection Act
- Principles of Insurance
What do I need?
- Strategic Thinker: Formulates objectives and priorities, and implements plans consistent with the long-term interest of the organization
- Organisation: Able to prioritise work to achieve targets and objectives in a busy and demanding environment.
- Excellent communication skills: Makes clear and convincing oral presentations. Listens effectively; clarifies information as needed. Writes in a clear, concise, organised, and convincing manner for the intended audience.
- Influencing / Negotiating: Persuades others; builds consensus through give and take; gains cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Ideally minimum 12 months’ experience working in the Liability team for an insurer or motor claims handler OR Leadership
- Minimum 12 months working in the motor insurance industry; or minimum 18 months in a call centre, or customer service environment with identified leadership skills
- Ideally minimum of 6 months’ experience working in a leadership role; and good spoken and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with our customers.
- Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to our customer understanding that our customer could be distraught and concerned following an incident.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- PC literate with good administrative skills.
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.