Credit Hire Insurance Claims Handler
Head Office, Longacre Claims
Role: Credit Hire Insurance Claims Handler
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Salary : £20k - £25k based on experience plus up to 10% annual performance related bonus
Contract: Full time, Part time, flexible options available
This is the job
To be committed to provide our customers with a world-class claims service by ensuring that all Motor Insurance Credit Hire claims are processed swiftly, in line with company process and client requirements.
What will I be doing?
- Review case history on file assignments whilst liaising with other departments as required to establish where liability of the accident rests and investigate the validity of third party claims.
- Updating the claims system with clear and accurate records of progress on the claim, leaving diary messages for any next steps and time frames.
- To manage all aspects of Third Party Vehicle Damage and Third Party Property Damage claims present by a third party directly, via solicitors, insurers and accident management companies.
- To offer AA services to non-fault third parties clearly communicating
- To be able to handle all aspects of credit hire claims as a Non ABI GTA Insurer.
- Assess cases for prospects of success at Litigation.
- Assess complex files i.e. Liability, High Value etc for prospects of success.
- Spot Insurer, handling agent and defendant solicitors Trends / Tactics to assist the in the handling of third party claims.
- Ensure collective target’s are attained, specifically the in relation to control do the indemnity spend.
- Constantly initiate and evaluate opportunities to enhance performance across all areas of the recovery operation.
- Speaking to witnesses, sending out and chasing witness evidence;
- Escalate where necessary any Insurer issues;
- To undertake any individual or team task or activity reasonably requested and in line with the company values.
- Treat our customers fairly and ensure that the customer receives world class customer service in accordance with industry and company guidelines.
- Support cost, service and process efficiency projects across the team, as well as having the opportunity to get involved in departmental projects.
What do I need?
- Minimum 12 months Claims handling experience either in Credit Hire(desirable) or in Liability preferably in Motor Claims related role.
- Knowledge of the ABI GTA and how to deal with credit hire claims outside of the GTA Guidelines.
- Good knowledge of credit hire case law and its application in the day to day handling of credit hire claims
- Clear verbal communication skills; persuasive and assertive with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent written communication skills; capturing a clear and logical summary of the situation.
- Having the ability to prioritise; recognising the importance and urgency to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
- Demonstrable ability in numeracy skills & written English
What can we offer?
- Free parking
- Performance related bonus up to 10% of your salary
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays added to your leave entitlement
- Through our lifestyle scheme you’ll have access to discounted shopping vouchers, days out, holidays etc.
- Emerging Talent development programme
- Free AA membership & Car Genie after 12 months
- Development framework offering ad-hoc pay reviews
- Continuous training to develop you within your role building a satisfying and rewarding career
- Employee of the month/quarter rewards
- The AA will train you in the road traffic act and motor insurance claims practices which will build your skill set and continuously develop you within your role.
- Pension scheme