Finance Specialist - B2C and Driving School
Head Office, Finance & Procurement
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: up to £35,000 (depending on experience)
Full time, permanent
This is the job
This role will work within the Financial Reporting team and supporting the Financial Reporting Manager to ensure accurate management accounting, financial reporting, financial control and technical accounting support, across driving school and B2C, working to ensure governance and control over all numbers produced and maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the accounts.
What will I be doing?
- Managing the completion of month end for the Driving School and supporting B2C, including analysing actuals, journals, accruals and prepayments. Ensuring accuracy of the month end and reporting process and achieving all deadlines.
- Working closely with all the finance team & the business to gain a sound understanding of the business and ensure reporting of performance can therefore be insightful and add value.
- Preparing month end reports with analysis and insightful commentary on the results (financial, KPI, balance sheet and cashflow). Ensure the validity, accuracy and integrity of the monthly accounts
- Completion of all balance sheet reconciliations and financial control requirements for the role
- Challenge, understand and document all financial processes undertaken within the role
- Ensure correct accounting governance adhered to within the department (e.g. revenue recognition, exceptional policies, lease accounting etc)
- Consolidating forecast, budget and three-year plan submissions from the business and updating planning and consolidation system, ensuring accuracy and timeliness achieved
- Working with the wider finance teams to continually improve processes, automate and align reporting
- Cash flow reporting and work alongside the Treasury function to develop cash reporting processes
- Ensure month end and reporting tasks are achieved within allowable deadlines
- Ad hoc projects and involvement to support the wider Finance team.
- Contact for external auditors both at year end and interim
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Financially numerate with an educational background.
- Experience and background in an accounting/finance role would be of benefit.
- Commercially minded.
- Enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a team environment
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work independently
- The successful candidate would build knowledge and experience in understanding the drivers of AA Products performance whilst grounding knowledge of core controllership in accounting
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate level education
- Would suit an ambitious individual wanting to start studying towards CIMA or an equivalent accounting qualification
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to prioritise manage and deliver under tight or conflicting deadlines
- An innate curiosity & desire to understand and challenge
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.