AA Signs Installer
Road Operations, Signs
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Location: Bedfordshire or Hertfordshire,
Full time, permanent
This is the job
AA Signs offers a complete service for the provision of temporary road signs; from initial contact with customers and subsequent survey, sign design through to on-site maintenance and removal of signs following an event.
As a Signs Installer you will be responsible for the deployment and removal of temporary event signage generally on the highway and in other public places.
Your work will be directed by a designated signs officer and you will need to be able to readily operate using signage maps and schedules to deploy signs in the right location at the right time for events.
You will be field based and work from home, using an AA liveried vehicle and will generally operate in the same broad geographical area. However, you may be temporarily deployed elsewhere if it is deemed necessary by the business.
You will collect and return signs and equipment from designated delivery areas.
There will also be relatively infrequent occasions when you may be asked to work away from home during the busy summer events season. Hotel accommodation and meals will be provided.
What will I be doing?
- Working as directed by a designated signs scheduler; who will prepare sign schedules and maps for you that will direct where, when and how signs and equipment will be deployed
- Checking signs schedules [containing details of each individual sign] against signs and equipment being collected by you, to ensure that all required signs and equipment are present and in good condition
- Preparing and assembling signs and other equipment for installation
- Operating from a specified delivery location to collect and drop off signs and to work to load and unload cages and containers
- Separating and stacking signage in job order prior to loading them onto a vehicle at delivery sites
- Travelling to and from job locations to install and remove signs as directed
- Providing on-site operational maintenance support at events when required
What do I need?
- Must be able demonstrate the ability to work unsupervised outdoors in all weather conditions
- Good communication skills
- Good time management
- Good problem solving skills
- Must be physically fit to carry out a role that involves daily heavy lifting of signs and equipment in a range of environments and weather conditions
- Must be able to read maps and sign schedules and to use this information to readily deploy and remove signage
- Must hold a current full driving licence to cover use of medium sized vehicle 3500 Kg gross weight - B category
- Good basic IT skills (Microsoft Outlook and Word)
As part of our frontline team you will be expected to provide a high standard of customer service and a professional attitude at all times; thereby maintaining the good reputation of the AA Signs business.
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.