Vehicle Assessment Technician - Nottingham
Road Operations, Road, Vehicle assessment technician
Salary: Guaranteed minimum earnings: £18,124.20 On target earnings: £30,000
Full Time, Permanent position.
This is the job
As the Vehicle Assessment Technician you will provide a quality, professional and effective Assessment of Clients vehicles against pre-specified criteria. You will also provide advice and assistance within your own area of competence, ensuring that in other cases where client requires information, or assistance are directed to the appropriate Team Leader or AA service or department.
What will I be doing?
- Contributing to the effective operation and commercial benefit of AA business by providing a Vehicle Mechanical Report to AA business customers/organisations.
- Promoting the AA and its services by projecting an efficient and professional image at all times.
- Carrying out vehicle checks to a high standard on clients premises against set criteria within set time frames.
- Ability to work on site without direct supervision from line manager.
- Ensuring the optimum use of time and costs when undertaking diagnostic work.
- Ensuring any equipment issued is kept safe and used as per training and is recharged every night or as required.
- Using all PPE issued equipment as required and ensure compliance with any site specific H+S instructions given by the AA’s clients.
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge in the field of automotive systems ensuring that all equipment tooling can be used in an efficient and correct manner.
- Working to AA issued codes of conduct covering personal standards.
- Maintaining a high standard of serviceability and cleanliness of all equipment, uniform and tooling issued - reporting any loss, theft or breakage to line manager immediately.
What do I need?
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required:
- Motor vehicle qualifications - Level 2 City and Guilds or Level 2 NVQ in Mechanics or Equivalent
- Driving licence (car) - 6 points or less
- Able to get to clients site (no company vehicle provided)
- To be eligible to apply you will ideally live within 15 miles of the site location.
- Workshop experience gained from either an independent or franchised automotive environment.
- Willingness to progress
- Ability to work independently and as part of an on site team
- Ability to work with other workers not employed by the AA on the same working site
- Previous car inspection or appraisal work
- Previous MOT experience
You will be working mainly outside and there will be times you are working without direct supervision – so you will need to be self-motivated and able to pick things up quickly. At times you will be collecting data and communicating this to others.
You will be working shifts which will usually be 08:00-17:45 with an hour paid break. Your shifts will include weekend working and evenings on some occasions but with this you are given overtime pay and 195 flex hours (hours can vary, depending on business needs). You must be able to attend a residential training period of up to 2 weeks.
What are the benefits?
Your hard work at the AA will definitely not be going un-rewarded. There are hundreds of discounts available from money off trips abroad to cheaper cars. These can vary from time to time but tend to include exciting things like:
• Free AA breakdown membership as standard, after a years’ service
• Discounted Merlin Annual Passes for the top UK attractions
• Apple repair services
• Money off selected car manufacturers
• Package holidays
• Discounts across hundreds of well-known restaurants