Head Office, Digital
London - Basingstoke
Full time, permanent.
This is the job
As the Digital Analyst you are responsible for reporting and analysis of digital marketing campaigns and site performance in the Roadside division of the AA. This includes acquisition, retention and policy servicing activity. The main focus will be acquisition activity.
We’re not just looking for somebody to tell us what has happened – we want somebody who came help us understand why, and, crucially, identify opportunities for further revenue and volume growth through our campaigns and website. The ability to analyse campaigns from a commercial point of view whilst having a hands-on technical understanding of how data is captured and processed is key.
This is a varied role – you’ll be expected to ensure regular reporting is produced on time and accurately, troubleshoot data issues working with the Analytics team, contribute to wider campaign optimisation activity and spot trends and opportunities to support digital channel experts. An inquisitive mind and willingness to role your sleeves up and get into the depths of our data are key. Ideas are very definitely welcome!
This role is based in the digital team at the Covent Garden office, with occasional travel to other AA offices in Basingstoke, Oldbury and Cheadle. You will work closely with the Head of Digital Sales, Marketing and Acquisition, the Digital Analytics Manager and digital channel experts – so they will have the opportunity to learn within the Analytics field, and about digital channels and the AA’s business, too.
What will I be doing?
- Ensuring accurate capture and processing of data for the AA’s website(s)
- Ensuring third-party data sources (eg Doubleclick) are currently integrated into AA tools (eg Google Analytics) and end user reports
- Ensuring data is available to colleagues and external partners easily through automated reports, dashboards or other means (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Delivering analysis of the AA website and digital marketing channels to support specific initiatives, including, but not limited to, CRO, PPC, SEO, Display and Affiliates
- Proactively identifying additional opportunities for growth or efficiency outside of those briefed to you
- Creating analysis and reporting slides, co-ordinating with other internal teams to meet deadlines
- Consistently checking all reporting and analysis for accuracy to ensure colleagues are making accurate data-led decisions
- Taking a proactive approach in reviewing existing systems, processes, reporting and analysis
- Staying up to date with industry developments, best practices and new technologies
- Proposing and delivering improvement in working with internal and external stakeholders
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- At least three years’ experience delivering analysis of data and identifying opportunities
- Background in commercial data and analytics with hands-on attitude and ability to deliver
- Experience of developing reporting and demonstrable success in producing analysis that informs business decisions (e.g. budget efficiencies, improved sales performance, etc.)
- Experience of creating automated reporting / dashboards (non-digital data is acceptable)
- Experience with digital channel data is desirable but not vital
- Knowledge of digital analytics/data layer implementation desirable, but not vital
- Day-to-day experience of reporting in Google Analytics/Google Data Studio is desirable
- The ability to work across multiple projects to deadline concurrently
- MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Education and Qualifications:
- University education to a high standard preferred, but not required
- Professional qualifications / certification an advantage, but not required
- Self-starter that works well in teams
- Approachable for internal & external customers, and able to work across a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to talk to non-digital colleagues about data & analytics in a language they’ll understand
- Ability to build strong relationships across a variety of teams
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner, both in written & verbal form
- Ability to work to deadlines across a number of concurrent initiatives