Digital Analytics Implementation Manager
Head Office, Digital
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
Working with the Digital Analytics Manager and colleagues in the wider digital and IT teams, this role will provide crucial tagging implementation and troubleshooting across the business. This enables the Analytics team and each business unit to effectively report and analyse digital web and app data to create a full picture of the performance across digital assets, channels and marketing activity.
The Digital Analytics Implementation Manager will work with colleagues to deliver end to end tagging from providing briefs to developers for site updates, implementing tags and testing to ensure data capture is accurate. Investigating issues and troubleshooting until resolution is also a key part of this role – the right candidate will enjoy investigating issues and resolving them to help colleagues.
This role is based in London (where the majority of the AA’s digital team and commercial activities sit)
What will I be doing?
- Implement tags via Tealium (our tag management system)
- Create briefs for site updates, tag deployment or removal working closely with our development teams
- Drive efficiencies in how tags & pixels are fired
- Monitor data and tag quality and proactively investigate issues and discrepancies
- Advise stakeholders on best practice for site development to ensure seamless tracking
- Ensuring data integrity and documentation of tagging standards
- Support digital and technology development teams to ensure accurate data capture, reporting and integration into data warehouses and analytics is delivered.
- Take a proactive approach in reviewing existing systems, processes, reporting and analysis
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments, best practices, consumer experience research and new technologies
- Propose & deliver opportunities for improvement in working with internal and external stakeholders
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Background in tagging, implementation, data layers, digital data & analytics with hands-on attitude & ability to deliver
- Some awareness of development process from specification to testing, as applied to tagging
- Knowledge of digital (web, app, other), best practice coding and design
- Technical requirements include:
- Experience of working with tag management systems such as Tealium
- Experience of digital analytics tools including Google Analytics & Google Data Studio
- Experience of digital transformation projects or site migrations an advantage
- The ability to work across multiple projects to deadline concurrently
- MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Education and Qualifications:
- University education to a high standard preferred, but not required
- Professional qualifications / certification an advantage, but not required
- Self-starter that works well in teams
- Approachable for internal & external customers, and able to work across a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to talk to non-digital colleagues about data & analytics in a language they’ll understand
- Ability to build strong relationships across a variety of teams
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner, both in written & verbal form
- Ability to work to deadlines across a number of concurrent initiatives