Technical Helpdesk Advisor JLR
Contact Centres, Road
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
Technical Helpdesk Advisor
Salary: £31, 000
Full Time/ Permanent
As a Technical Helpdesk Advisor, working on our Jaguar Land rover and other prestigious accounts, you will be providing expert technical advice, remote assistance and information to our technicians and customers at the roadside.
You will require excellent communication and coaching skills in order to effectively talk our technicians through complete diagnosis and repair procedures, using AA specific systems and diagnostics.
What will I be doing?
- Provide technical advice to Service Advisors and Customers in live breakdown situations to prevent the unnecessary deployment of patrols.
- Provide professional technical advice to customers relating to non-breakdown related situations.
- Gather requested information from Patrols regarding a previous breakdown and report information to directly to the relevant JLR engineering.
- Process all calls professionally and efficiently to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Record all enquiries on the appropriate database to assist with the provision of detailed management information.
- Ensure feasible roadside repairs are completed preventing any further delays to the customer.
- Being proactive contacting customers before they contact to report a breakdown.
What do I need?
- NVQ level 3 in motor vehicle maintenance and repair or another nationally recognised level 3 technical certificate.
- 5 year’s motor vehicle repair experience, preferably with specific experience of JLR diagnostics and other JLR systems.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in layman’s terms
- Vehicle diagnostics experience and repair knowledge
- Knowledge of vehicle recovery systems and methods
- Knowledge of Electric vehicles
- Able to demonstrate a high level of customer care
- Knowledge of telematics systems and B call
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
You will often be the first point of contact for both distressed customers and our Roadside technicians; therefore you will need to be positive, calm and always willing to go the extra mile. The helpdesk opening hours are 7am to 8pm, 7 days per week so there will be a necessity for shift work, you will be required to work 6 days on 3 days off there will be an opportunity of overtime.