Assurance and Risk Specialist
Head Office, Compliance
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Full time, permanent.
This is the job
As the Assurance and Risk Specialist you will be reporting in to the Head of Risk and Assurance, supporting the design, delivery and maintenance of an appropriate and proportionate Assurance framework across the AA. You will also be challenging existing practice, bringing insight and clarity to Risk and Issue management.
You will be reviewing, assessing, reporting and maintaining a compliance framework with key control requirements within the AA Policy suite. You will be assisting in the design and delivery of risk and issue management and reporting processes through governance forums, committees and boards throughout the AA across all three lines of defence. As well as delivering an aligned assurance framework.
You will act as the Risk Specialist within the Group Risk Management Team.
What will I be doing?
- Assisting in the delivery of an aligned reporting framework, through governance forums, committees and boards to enable management to sufficiently deliver their assurance and oversight responsibilities.
- Reviewing, assessing and reporting compliance with the AA policy suite on an ongoing basis.
- Assisting in the review and maintenance of risk appetite statements and Key Risk Indicators.
- Working with the key managers and first, second and third line assurance providers in the business to understand and help manage the Assurance risks and issues of the AA.
- Building working relationships to champion risk and assurance as added value to the business through continuous improvement and further assisting the embedding of an appropriate and proportionate Assurance and Risk culture.
- Assisting the Group Risk Management function in acting as a strong second line of defence that is supportive, enabling and independently challenging to the firms’ systems and controls in respect of the Assurance and Risk framework.
- Assisting in the design, delivery and maintenance of appropriate Assurance and Risk management process and system across the three lines of defence.
- Assisting in the identification and escalation to the Head of Risk and Assurance any material risks or issues.
- Designing, delivering and producing appropriate and proportionate reports, management information and key performance indicators to senior management, forum, committees and boards.
- Acting as a delegate to the Head of Risk and Assurance, for Assurance matters, where required, in senior management meetings or forums.
- Providing support and ongoing advice for AA employees on how to manage risks and controls and balance these with the business needs of their operation.
- Assisting in the embedding, through the assurance framework, the agreed values and culture of the AA, including putting members’ and customers’ interests at the heart of the business.
- As part of the three lines of defence, constructively challenging and assisting the business as appropriate.
- Acting as Risk Manager for areas of the business as and when required.
- Supporting the compliance function on assessing, managing and reporting risks relevant to the Senior Management and Certification Regime (SM&CR).
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Able to communicate across a varied business landscape at all levels of an organisation
- Builds positive proactive business-partner relationships with internal groups
- In depth experience in one or more of the following preferable, but not essential as further guidance and coaching will be given:
- Assurance / Governance
- Risk Management
- Ability to interpret complex technical information
- Experience of the financial services industry in the UK desirable
- Planning and organisational skills, including the co-ordination and delivery of business change and continuous improvements
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Able to be pragmatic and deliver commercial and compliant solutions
Education and Qualifications:
- To degree or equivalent level, or demonstrable relevant experience
- Quick learner with a positive can-do attitude
- Credible communicator with an honest and open approach
- Able to learn quickly and adjust
- Happy to take on all elements and levels of work
- Someone looking for the next challenge to further their career / experience
- Ability to see big picture