Head Office, Customer Data
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Full time, permanent
This is the job
The role of BI Developer is to deliver robust and sustainable BI solutions to stakeholders across the Consumer Membership business with a strong focus on delivering tools which enable the business to fully dissect commercial problems.
What will I be doing?
- Perform business analysis to gather user requirements and ensure data items are aligned to key business definitions and metrics
- Work with the Data and MI team where needed to ensure data is defined, structured and accessible in a way that support BI development
- Work with the Consumer Membership teams to ensure BI solutions are developed in a way that maximises the value they bring to the business
- Control the quality of input data and own output to ensure results and recommendations can always be relied upon to inform business decision making
- Define clear documentation of final solutions to allow for output portability
- Proactively look for opportunities where BI could be used to replace existing inadequate reporting across the Consumer Membership function
- Ensure that agreed timelines are met for output delivery
- Provide support to Senior BI Developer and wider Analytics community on tactical builds
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Applied experience with the Looker tool, and if not, then extensive experience with Tableau, Qlik, Power BI or equivalent.
- Experienced with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Exadata, Teradata, MS Azure, Redshift, MySQL, or equivalent
- Ideally experienced with modern user experience techniques, including audiences, personas, user stories and user interface design.
- Able to grasp a situation, structure the challenge and enjoy wrestling with a problem and generating insight.
- Able to present your ideas well to a variety of colleagues and clients
- Enthused by the prospect of common ambition and shared success. A deep desire to achieving a fast, high quality and effective outcome.
Education and Qualifications:
- Strong educational background – likely to include good degree (2:1 or above) with STEM subject-focus from top tier university