Guaranteed Minimum Earnings: £ 21,060.72
Full Time, Permanent position
This is the job
Our Vehicle Assessment Technicians carry out a professional assessment of vehicles prior to auction to ensure that customers have an accurate idea of its condition and worth. As a Team Leader you will ensure the site is run smoothly and proactively seek to resolve any issues which could affect the level of service we provide.
What will I be doing?
- Carrying out vehicle checks to a high standard and providing our clients with Vehicle Mechanical Reports.
- Undertaking initial investigation work where complaints and claims have been made against the AA
- Attending meetings with the operational manager as requested to provide updates and proactively seek to improve site performance
- Creating reports to analyse staff performance
- Ensuring our clients have been provided with a Vehicle Mechanical Report
- Ensuring the site is compliant with any specific Health and Safety instructions and PPE issued equipment is used as required
- Working with the Client and the AA to ensure short term absence issues are resolved
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge of automotive systems, ensuring that all equipment is used efficiently
- You will be working shifts which will usually be 08:00-17:45 with an hour paid break. Your shifts will include weekend working and evenings on some occasions but with this you are given overtime pay and 195 flex hours (Hours may vary depending on business needs)
What do I need?
- Mechanical qualifications at L3 City and Guilds or L3 NVQ (or Equivalent)
- The ability to work both independently, and as part of an onsite team
- A good standard of Literacy and Numeracy
- The ability to work flexibly when workload is high
- The ability to work outside in all weathers in a physical role
- A willingness to progress within the organisation
- Broad car inspection/MOT or appraisal experience
Due to the nature of the role we do require you to have a driving licence with less than 6 points so you are able to get to and from client’s sites.
As part of the training for the role you must be able to attend a two-week residential training course.
What are the benefits of this job?
Your hard work at the AA will definitely not be going un-rewarded. There are hundreds of discounts available from money off trips abroad to cheaper cars. These can vary from time to time but tend to include exciting things like:
- Free AA breakdown membership as standard, after a years’ service
- Discounted Merlin Annual Passes for the top UK attractions
- Apple and Apple repair services
- Money off selected car manufacturers
- Package holidays
- Discounts across hundreds of well-known restaurants