We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: up to £60,000.
Full time, permanent.
This is the job
As the Senior Systems Consultant you will develop, support and maintain the AA’s Customer Data BI applications in use by the business on a daily basis. Ensuring 24/7 application continuity within a competitive commercial environment.
What will I be doing?
- Managing, creating, delivering and releasing high quality unit tested code for the AA’s BI Customer Data directorate. Ensuring deliverables are produced on time, to budget and at the right quality. Assisting with the production of working procedures to further improve the deliverables of this department.
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line support for user reported issues. Delivering the appropriate solutions to resolve the issues quickly and effectively. Following the resolution of the issue to undertake root cause analysis.
- Identifying service improvements and resilience measures for both the BI toolset and AA’s Customer Data to improve business performance and data quality.
- Designing, implementing and managing both the security and user setups for both internal and external customers.
- Contributing to the project management of software upgrades and patches relevant to AA’s BI Customer Data directorate, from the design through development and into implementation.
- Delivering the code promotions for the AA’s BI Customer Data development.
- Advising on the testing and validation of Infrastructure changes.
What do I need?
- Highly experienced Senior SAS DI developer
- Extensive (5+ years) SAS DI experience, including SAS Macros
- Extensive advanced SQL experience
- Oracle 10g experience
- Agile delivery experience
- Extensive data warehouse development experience & in-depth understanding of DWH concepts
- Business Analysis experience
- Dimensional Database design experience
- Physical database design experience
- MS Project
- Thorough understanding and experience of project lifecycle development
- Analytical and logical thinker
- Vendor Management and supplier negotiation
- Awareness of: Legal rights, duties and processes including FSA, DPA.
- Budgetary and business awareness
- Appropriate levels of software knowledge within the following technologies:
- Oracle 10g
- SAS 9 Product Set, specifically DI Studio, OLAP Cube Studio and SPDS
- Solaris 5.9 and 10
- W2K & W2K3 Server
- Business Objects 6.5 and XI
- XP Desktop
- Sharepoint +IIS
You will work within the AA’s BI Customer Data D&D team. You will support the end-to-end automated solutions of Customer BI, Campaign Management or undertakes batch jobs and application monitoring.
You will provide 2nd & 3rd line support of both internal BI supporting applications and 3rd party tools to champion improvement indicatives. This includes the review and assessment of other Business Intelligence tools/applications in the Marketplace in line with the recommendations of the AA Customer Data D&D Manager.