We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: Guaranteed Minimum Earnings - £27,319.29 - up to £5,000 bonus.
Full time, permanent.
This is the job
We are looking for motivated and experienced inspector to join our Inspection Team; using your skills and expertise to carry out inspections, on Dealer/customer vehicles at designated sites. You will be working without direct supervision – so you will need to be independent, driven and able to lead by example coaching new members of staff and being a focal point for the Dealers within your region.
What will I be doing?
You will be required to start new dealers and build a relationship with the garage, auditing of the garages and of the inspectors will be required along with tool checks to ensure compliance.
You will be required to cover your teams leave to ensure continuity of service level agreements. This may require some overnight stays in hotels
You will also be providing advice and assistance within your own area of competence and directing customers to other specialist AA departments when necessary, as well as promoting the AA and its services by projecting an efficient and professional image at all times.
Accurate records must be kept of all tasks, inspections and Audits, therefore you will be expected to maintain all paperwork necessary in accordance with current procedures.
As well as carrying out checks you will be required to report findings clearly and accurately; ensuring the customer fully understands the issues identified.
All tools and equipment will be provided, however you will be responsible for ensuring that all staff maintain all equipment to a high standard and remain compliant with both AA and site specific health and safety instructions.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- NVQ 3 level qualification in motor vehicle systems, or equivalent
- A good understanding of electronic equipment and the ability to keep up to date with changes in motor industry related technology
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Driving license
- A basic working understanding of Excel & Word
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent timekeeping
- Willingness to travel to client sites
- Good customer service skills
- Good coaching and leadership skills
- The ability and willingness to work out doors in all weathers when required.
What are the benefits of this job?
Your hard work at the AA will definitely not be going un-rewarded. There are hundreds of discounts available from money off trips abroad to cheaper cars. These can vary from time to time but tend to include exciting things like:
- Free AA breakdown membership as standard, after a years’ service
- Discounted Merlin Annual Passes for the top UK attractions
- Apple and Apple repair services
- Money off selected car manufacturers
- Package holidays
- Discounts across hundreds of well-known restaurants